• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Kicking

Status
Not open for further replies.

beautifulcat83

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hi all
I wondered if anyone could help. Three months ago I took in two gorgeous but unwanted sow guinea pigs, who were approximately a year old, or at least adult. Crumpet, one of the girls, has a tendancy to kick my hand with her back legs when I stroke her rear half, and seems quite uncomfortable. This is only when shes not on my knee, as when I cuddle her she seems ok with it. Shes also fine with me stroking her head and shoulder area when not on my knee. She is definately not pregnant as she only lives with another sow. Does anyone know what might be causing this?
Would be really grateful for suggestions!
Thanks a lot
Cat xxxm 0:)

my shakey does this, he lives with duke his brother who doesnt, shakey does a kind of flicky motion and kick his leg up, either he has a tickle spot or is really sensitive, becasue sometimes when he is accidntally stroked with his fur going the opposite way to which it falls he squeals..so maybe shes just over sensitive?

They generally don't like being touched/stroked on the rump. She's just telling you to get off! ;)

kellyandpiggies said:
They generally don't like being touched/stroked on the rump. She's just telling you to get off! ;)

Yep have to agree, even our boy Duke does the same thing, it's like "that's my butt don't touch" ;) ;) ;) try stroking her head only it's sometimes a mood thing too depending on where they are as to how they react ;D ;D

One of our piggies used to do this and make a strange noise when his lower half was touched, then he had dramatic weight loss about 2-4 weeks later he died of kidney/renal problems :'( :'( :'( RIP Pig :( :(
I dount its the same thing and i REALLy dont want to worry you, but thats what happened to pig :'( I cant remember much else to be honest, it was quite a while ago and it all happened to quickly, maybe worth a checkup :)?

One of my sows did this, she was as healthy as could be but just didn't generally like being touched on her bottom. She could have also done it because she thought I had other intentions as when my male went to her for a little "cuddle" she use to kick him in the face. No means no. ;D O0

I hope for poor muffins sake that isnt the case but i know how quickly piggies can go downhill, going to take her for a checkup, as I have no idea what happened to her or how she was treated by her previous owner, but I know she was very nervous when she came to me.
Thanks all :)

Cat 0:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back