Keeping Indoor Cages Warm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Perkypanda

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hi. It's been getting really cold over night recently. I have a ferplast cage which is in the kitchen diner. It is Aubiose with some log arch shelters. I am worried that the girls are getting cold over night and they don't snuggle together to keep warm. I have been putting extra hay in the arches. What else can I do? I was thinking of putting a towel or something over the cage to keep some heat in, or getting a snuggle safe? What do others do?

I think a towel or similar could help, as long as there's some ventilation flow (i.e. not entirely covered). Do you have extra hideys? Pigloos or cardboard boxes stuffed with hay can be really warm :)

I pop a blanket over half my cage and use a snuggle safe heat pad (which they ignore tbh) also extra hay. I've also been looking into a heat lamp, but someone on here recommended using a Petnap aluminium heat pad, which I might invest in.

I think I'm doing this more for my own peace of mind. If they are in doors a little more hay is probably enough, but I do worry!

Aww! I never worried about our boys' warmth, they have fleece and several snugglies and a wicker-y nest filled with hay (currently soft grass hay, mmmm:luv:) I'm sure they're okay! If you see them cuddled up together looking chilly, that's when you worry. (Our boys did that outside in their run, so we brought them in)

My girls are in the lounge and are on fleece so they have their snuggle fleece beds (under log houses) and their double fleece sacks with extra pads in too...they seem just fine!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back