kaytee chew-a-bowl

mls18

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
i just bought a kaytee chew-a-bowl, it contains timothy hay, patatoe starch, glycerin, sodium alginate, propionic acid, potassium sorbate (the last two are preservatives)
i know those things are probabaly not the best, but would i be able to give it to him occasionaly? he curently doesent have any cage mates(I'm working on getting one) so i thought it would help him not be bored.

Honestly I always found the best enrichment was usually the cheapest.
Maybe look at some these ideas
Enrichment Ideas for Guinea Pigs

It is great you are trying to get him a companion though, and well done for thinking of things entertain him in the meantime.

I tend to go with things like an Oxbow hay carrot (hay woven into w large carrot shape) or the Kaytee mini bales for piggy entertainment (they dismantle ... I watch ... entertaining all around). They're just hay, with some forage topper on the bales, so no ingredients to worry about. A paper bag is also highly entertaining to them.

I tend to go with things like an Oxbow hay carrot (hay woven into w large carrot shape) or the Kaytee mini bales for piggy entertainment (they dismantle ... I watch ... entertaining all around). They're just hay, with some forage topper on the bales, so no ingredients to worry about. A paper bag is also highly entertaining to them.
Ok thanks so much!ill look into getting those:)

Back