Kavee upper level…

Ruth1

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hello! I was wondering, if anyone had time - if you have experience of having a ramp and upper level for your piggies - do your piggies use it much?

Am just about to get the girls a Kavee upper level and thought I’d just have a last check here, before I take the plunge!

Anyone got any experience to say if they are worth it or not? Or maybe, I suppose the answer may be - it depends on the piggies. The girls are pretty fearless and keen to explore, if that helps…?

Thanks for your time 😁
I’ve attached a picture to play ‘spot the piggie’ for all your help!

Attachments

• IMG_9144.webp
    IMG_9144.webp
    132.3 KB · Views: 22
I've had piggies who love them and some who don't. I've stopped using them now. 2 of my older boys have arthritis in their spines and a vet has suggested ramps don't help spine health. I've not had full height ones I only ever made them half grid height.

I love kavee upper levels,because the ladder is much less steep than other cages.my older piggies do run up and down these levels.
I would say go for it as they are the best.l love all kavee products!🙂

I had a loft on the guinea pig cage. I only decided to take it out since it made the cage a bit harder to clean, and took up more space than I would have liked it to. I have only had one piggy that would use it regularly, the others would only go up there if I put something like food on the loft. I love Kavee lofts better than others out there since they have low incline ramps. So low that the piggy that does use it won’t even use the ramp, she would just hop from the floor to the upper level! I definitely think that it would be for your piggies!

Also, I now want yo get that giraffe hide you have in your picture above.

I had a loft on the guinea pig cage. I only decided to take it out since it made the cage a bit harder to clean, and took up more space than I would have liked it to. I have only had one piggy that would use it regularly, the others would only go up there if I put something like food on the loft. I love Kavee lofts better than others out there since they have low incline ramps. So low that the piggy that does use it won’t even use the ramp, she would just hop from the floor to the upper level! I definitely think that it would be for your piggies!

Also, I now want yo get that giraffe hide you have in your picture above.

Back