Kavee cages on sale- worth it?

Hath

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
So, who's got kavee c&c cages? I am upgrading and because of their black Friday offer I would get 30% off. Which makes them a lot more reasonably priced. I have been looking for grids with narrow, horizontal bars and not found those on Amazon etc. So kavee is the way to go. I avoided them as plague because the pics of pigs with no hideys and tiny hay amounts made me mad :eek:
Anyone had bad experience with the cages or anything you wished you knew before purchase?
Thanks!

If they're anything like the Midwest - photos are photo ops, they're never going to reflect real world usage. And the Midwest cages were/are pretty good for a 4x2 space.

That said, I'd probably still buy the Songmics grids I've got over the Midwest if I had the choice. But if the Kavee cages/grids are on sale, then why not? The images won't get any better, unfortunately.

I’m not sure what size you are looking for but you can get the narrow holes from here (although a few sizes are sold out) Black Narrow Hole Grid C&C Cages

I personally also really don’t like kavvee, they send a lot of free stuff out to people on Instagram whilst over charging paying customers and they recent released a very distasteful “memorial” set for £65!

I am looking for 35x35 white grids. The white songmics I've found were 45x35cm.
I wouldn't normally consider them, it's only because of the 30% off and them having right colour and size.
I've made mistake by buying 30x30 grits for my first c&c and had to make 'bumpers' around the perimeter because I was worried they could get stuck. All adults, but still- better be safe than sorry. So don't want to make another mistake like that.

I’m not sure what size you are looking for but you can get the narrow holes from here (although a few sizes are sold out) Black Narrow Hole Grid C&C Cages

I personally also really don’t like kavvee, they send a lot of free stuff out to people on Instagram whilst over charging paying customers and they recent released a very distasteful “memorial” set for £65!
What memorial set up? I noticed them pop up as ads, but only now actually looked at their website cause I've noticed the white 35x35 grids.

It was this £60 not £65 (oops) basically looks like a branded tea caddy and some cards, it received a lot of backlash on Instagram as you typically get a lovely personalised urn when you get pigs cremated.

But it just sums kavee up as they will try and make money from anything, whether it’s over prices cleaning products, carriers or first aid kits!

A Fond Farewell | Memorial Set for Guinea Pigs and Rabbits

Yeah I have black grids, not white, but they are 35x35.

I've never tried buying anything from Kavee because it's too expensive. Yeah their products look nice but I can get something like that elsewhere at much cheaper prices. If you want a complete set of C&C cage, better get them here C&C Guinea Pig Cages - Home - CandC Guinea Pig & Rabbit Cages and it's cheaper. I also bought our C&C grids from Amazon, it's just a matter of looking and sifting through listings.

And if you want the narrow grids like Kavee sells specifically, you can get it from Amazon at much cheaper price. You just have to buy the correx separately.

Amazon.co.uk

It was this £60 not £65 (oops) basically looks like a branded tea caddy and some cards, it received a lot of backlash on Instagram as you typically get a lovely personalised urn when you get pigs cremated.

But it just sums kavee up as they will try and make money from anything, whether it’s over prices cleaning products, carriers or first aid kits!

Don't forget their oddly gendered forage trays!

I mean, I like my cage from Kavee (bought because there were fewer moving parts to manage and hope they all matched up, also when on offer), but I haven't liked their new product lines since or the prices of pretty much anything they have. The quality is decent enough, I'm just not made of money.

Ah ok. Not on insta, but it definitely does sound like something company chasing profits would do. I always just scrolled past their adds for unrealistically looking set ups :))

I'll keep looking, but no point upgrading if I can't find the 35x35 in white. Otherwise might as well stick with my old black and just rearrange the grids. The acrylic grids look so good, too.

I guess it was just my excuse to get more space to cover in cage liners. Love my avocado themed fleece too much!
My partner asked what I would do with the old set up. Actually didn't think of that!:eek:

But thanks for sharing, all. At least they're decent for the price

Back