• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Just come back from the vets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

My sow Buffy has been having a few problems with her lady bits :) She squeeks when she wees and squeeks even more when she is pooing!

At first I thought it was cystitis but after a course of Baytril which didn't work I took her back to the vet who has now discounted cystitus as her bladder is empty and apparently this doesn't happen if you have a bladder infection.

New options are enteritus (I may have this wrong but I think it's an infection with the tummy for which she has prescribed lots of probiotics but she also said she could have arthritus.

I was just wondering if anyone else has had a similar problem and whether they is anything else I could suggest.

I should say that she is eating and drinking ok and also her wee is clear (no blood) and her poo is firm. She also hasn't lost any weight so is generally fine except for general grumpiness!

Digby had a problem pooping at one point and was sort of screechyweeking, I took him to the vets and they prescribed fibreplex and it did the trick I also found that baby corn and corn on the cob were bunging him up. I hope the problem get sorted soon!

What was the fibreplex for? I haven't feed then any baby corn for months. Their staples are peppers, lettuce, carrots, cucumber, apple etc.

the fibreplex was like a prebiotic to sort his tummy out it was in a syringe type thing and I just had to squeeze it into his mouth. His poo was very bitty and he found it hard to poo and wee.

I have been given some sachets of pro biotic so hopefully this will work. I would really hate for her to have something chronic like arthritis.

Although her poo is ok the vet did say that it didn't necessarily mean there wasn't a problem there.

If this doesn't sort it out she is going to have to go in for observation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back