Just an idea...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
The cage i have Gerty in at the moment is borrowed so i have to get a new cage soonish
This is just an idea and dunno if it would work and thats why I'm telling you all first. I was guna buy 2 cages and have them side by side and cut a hole in both and put a tunnel going from one to the other. The way i imagine it is good but dunno if it will work. I was guna have one as the main bit where they have their food/water ect. and the other as more of a bedroom and somehow make it all closed n dark or have hidy places in it.
For the main bit i was thinking of buying this:
http://www.zooplus.co.uk/shop/rodents/cages/guinea_pig_cages/30344
and the other bit a tesco value cage.

Please tell me what you think as duno whether 2 do it or not and how many pigs you think it would be suitable for as i am geting Gerty a friend any day now.

you may be better off with a nero 4 (pets @ home) or a ferraplast 140 from zooplus

or a c+c cage you can build to what ever size you want :)

Yep the bottom is called ''Correx'' here :)
B&Q and Screwfix sell them

Nikki said:
They look good. Is the bottom bit like corigated plastic stuff? and where in the UK can u get the grids?

The grids can be bought from B&Q or Screwfix as Sophie said. The B&Q ones have the large squares and the Screwfix ones are mesh - either are fine unless you have very young pigs then you need the mesh ones but the large square ones are fine for almost all piggies. If you can't find correx you could use lino, that's what I use and it works fine O0

There is a sticky under the housing section posted by QPD that lists a few suppliers O0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back