Jumped off their house?

Rebecca01

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hi all
One of my 8 week old piggies loves to explore and has recently started standing by the edge of their house roof (ramp up to castle style roof- no taller than c and c grid)
This morning she was standing with her front legs on top and I sat still as I didn’t want to spook her, but five mins later she had managed to get herself stuck trying to climb over! Her front legs were trying to reach down and she was wriggling her back legs to get them over. Before I could get to her to lift her up, she’d managed to get her back legs free and jump off! She walked around and she’s been running around, and eaten sone lettuce since and didn’t squeak in pain, just worried that she’ll have hurt herself/she’ll do it again! I’m out at work today so around 4 I’ll be able to go home and check she’s still behaving normally, and luckily it wasn’t too high but even being stuck looked very uncomfy! Silly pig

They do do the most silliest things. One of mine used to jump onto the sofa when she was younger, quite a height. Luckily, now she is older she’s stopped doing it. You could take out the castle while you are out and maybe just pop it in when you are around to keep an eye out for her.

They are amazingly acrobatic for their potato like little bodies

They do do the most silliest things. One of mine used to jump onto the sofa when she was younger, quite a height. Luckily, now she is older she’s stopped doing it. You could take out the castle while you are out and maybe just pop it in when you are around to keep an eye out for her.

They are amazingly acrobatic for their potato like little bodies
Thanks. Do you think if she’s behaving normally we won’t need a visit to the vets then?

Comet jumped off the sofa. Twice. First saved by the hay bag (that he jumped into, the second by me with what felt like the luckiest save ever. After that he was only on the sofa if someone was holding on to him.

Not that he ever understood the dangers involved, because they don't. Keep an eye on her, but if she's still acting as normal all I'd do is either move the castle elsewhere in the cage our out entirely.

Thanks. Do you think if she’s behaving normally we won’t need a visit to the vets then?
I would just keep an eye on her. Do weekly weight checks throughout her life, it’s the best indication of good health if her weight is stable

Back