Joining Hutches?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashleigh

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I have 2 guinea pigs but they are growing, and quick, so I think they need more room. However we cannot afford to buy a double tier hutch so I thought buy another single tier hutch from ebay or something then stack it on top of my first one, cut a hole, build/buy a ramp and attach it to the hole, drill the hutches together and I'd be done. Is it that easy or not?

Necessity is the mother of invention. That is the type of thing I would have a go at it. But before you buy anything check, measure, make sure things are going to fit. You will need to go to your local DIY store and work our what you need. Extra wood, screws, etc. But again, make sure you don't end up paying more in 'bits and bobs' that makes it just as much as buying a bigger hutch!

I put together a wire mesh cage for chipmunks with tie wraps, it was originally 2 ferret cages, it worked! Now the chippies have gone, I am going to use the mesh panels of that cage to make an indoor run for my piggies.

Good luck!

Necessity is the mother of invention. That is the type of thing I would have a go at it. But before you buy anything check, measure, make sure things are going to fit. You will need to go to your local DIY store and work our what you need. Extra wood, screws, etc. But again, make sure you don't end up paying more in 'bits and bobs' that makes it just as much as buying a bigger hutch!

I put together a wire mesh cage for chipmunks with tie wraps, it was originally 2 ferret cages, it worked! Now the chippies have gone, I am going to use the mesh panels of that cage to make an indoor run for my piggies.

Good luck!

Thank you for the advice, think I'll have a go, love a challenge! Ha ha. That's a good idea

have a look on youtube, there is always stuff like that. maybe search for 'joining two hutches' or 'building a guinea pig ramp'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back