Joining a Ferplast Plaza 160 to a Ferplast Plaza 140

Bill & Ted

Forum Buddy
Reaction score
Has anyone got experience of joining these two cages together.
My 160 cm Plaza is in two sections, a 120 cm and a 40 cm extension. I have just ordered a 140 cm Plaza and I’m hoping to join together lengthways so Ted can have the company of a female but without him getting in with her until he is safe on 20/4/20

It’s a great cage because you can separate the 120cm section with a grid that slots into place and is quite secure leaving the 40 cm extension which I will then add the 100 cm section of the 140 cm plaza.

so working this out, this should give me

One part of the cage measuring 120cm
Other half of the cage measuring 140 cm (40cm + 100cm)
I will have to remove the 40 cm extension from the 140 cm cage as can’t fit as there is bunk beds in the way, but that should make a great cage divided into two sections until they can be together. Has anyone done something like this?

It's been a long time since I've looked at a Ferplast cage, is the extension separate from the base or is it attached? If it's attached, do you know how you'd be separating it to attach it to the other cage? And if it's separate, would it be easily attached to the smaller cage instead?

Is there any reason why you wouldn't take the extension off the larger Plaza and keep the extension on the smaller one, if they're going to be placed in the same positions anyway? Why would it matter which cage loses the extension then?

(sorry if these are stupid questions)

No not stupid questions at all
They are two separate bits that click together on each cage
The extension is the same on both at 40 cm so wouldn’t matter which extension piece I used, I’m just limited to space.
As long as I have 120 cm min for each cage I’ll be happy,
I’ll have a look at your suggestion and see what’s best
1584109177342.webp

Is there any reason why you wouldn't take the extension off the larger Plaza and keep the extension on the smaller one, if they're going to be placed in the same positions anyway? Why would it matter which cage loses the extension then?

If I'm reading it correctly the extensions are 40cm regardless of version

The only problem I forsea when you open it fully is whether the piggies will navigate the high lip where the two cages join as I'm guessing it wont be a low as on the purpose designed extension. You might need a bridge of some design.

The only problem I forsea when you open it fully is whether the piggies will navigate the high lip where the two cages join as I'm guessing it wont be a low as on the purpose designed extension. You might need a bridge of some design.
It’s only 2 inches and with fleece and newspaper or lots of hay (I usually use the extension as a hay area) it never been a problem x

It’s only 2 inches and with fleece and newspaper or lots of hay (I usually use the extension as a hay area) it never been a problem x

You are lucky! I've had some seriously odd piggies that seem to think feraplast cage sides are mountains. 🤣

It's been a long time since I've looked at a Ferplast cage, is the extension separate from the base or is it attached? If it's attached, do you know how you'd be separating it to attach it to the other cage? And if it's separate, would it be easily attached to the smaller cage instead?

(sorry if these are stupid questions)
It’s a of the position of the drop down grid what dictates two good sized cages I think, will have to experiment when I get it.

You are lucky! I've had some seriously odd piggies that seem to think feraplast cage sides are mountains. 🤣
My two boys have been in the 160 cm Ferplast Plaza which is in the photo below and just step over it, it’s about an 1 inch in height with fleece floor etc. you can take the sides off the width ends and again that will only be an inch (the dark grey bit is the base and the light grey bit can be removed) and they should have 260 cm full floor length when grid is up which will be a great space for two piggies.

I will let you know how I go on once a get it set up, touch wood it will go to plan, otherwise the two cages will have to go side by side I suppose.

I will let you know how I go on once a get it set up, touch wood it will go to plan, otherwise the two cages will have to go side by side I suppose.
Good luck with it! I know there's been instances of people joining Ferplast cages before but I wouldn't know where to start looking for them again, and I'm sorry about that. That said even side by side it wouldn't be a huge issue, they can still say hello in the same way and if you felt like keeping the two cages afterwards then maybe a ramp could be fashioned to go between the two? I'm thinking something like a Midwest style setup.

Good luck with it! I know there's been instances of people joining Ferplast cages before but I wouldn't know where to start looking for them again, and I'm sorry about that. That said even side by side it wouldn't be a huge issue, they can still say hello in the same way and if you felt like keeping the two cages afterwards then maybe a ramp could be fashioned to go between the two? I'm thinking something like a Midwest style setup.
Yes, it wouldn’t be the end of the world with a 140 and a 160 next to each other, they are great sizes for one piggie each until Ted is safe to go and live with a little lady piggie, just a temporary solution. Will let you know how I get on with a few photos. It means moving furniture around of course as our 160 Plaza it on a table but it’s 150 cm so the cages will have to go on the floor which is where the grandchildren often play.

Yes, it wouldn’t be the end of the world with a 140 and a 160 next to each other, they are great sizes for one piggie each until Ted is safe to go and live with a little lady piggie, just a temporary solution. Will let you know how I get on with a few photos. It means moving furniture around of course as our 160 Plaza it on a table but it’s 150 cm so the cages will have to go on the floor which is where the grandchildren often play.
Ah yes, just looked at the Mid West, the separate divides do look higher hence the little bridge. There’s one displayed at right angles, in an L shape too

I’ll be taking out that silly little house, why do they make them so steep?

i attached a ferplast cage to the end of my C&C cage. I put all their hay in the extension too.
My pigs will not use ramps at all so i sawed a tunnel sized hole through the side of the ferplast cage and put a flexible seagrass tunnel through it as the edges aren't totally smooth and it stops them chewing it!

received_373783886540712.webp

i attached a ferplast cage to the end of my C&C cage. I put all their hay in the extension too.
My pigs will not use ramps at all so i sawed a tunnel sized hole through the side of the ferplast cage and put a flexible seagrass tunnel through it as the edges aren't totally smooth and it stops them chewing it!

View attachment 135533
That’s a great space for your piggies, love the tunnel!

Has anyone got experience of joining these two cages together.
My 160 cm Plaza is in two sections, a 120 cm and a 40 cm extension. I have just ordered a 140 cm Plaza and I’m hoping to join together lengthways so Ted can have the company of a female but without him getting in with her until he is safe on 20/4/20

It’s a great cage because you can separate the 120cm section with a grid that slots into place and is quite secure leaving the 40 cm extension which I will then add the 100 cm section of the 140 cm plaza.

so working this out, this should give me

One part of the cage measuring 120cm
Other half of the cage measuring 140 cm (40cm + 100cm)
I will have to remove the 40 cm extension from the 140 cm cage as can’t fit as there is bunk beds in the way, but that should make a great cage divided into two sections until they can be together. Has anyone done something like this?
Do you know whether if you connect the base of the 140 plaza without extention to the base of a 160 plaza without extension so taking extension off making a 100cm and a 120cm? Then do you know whether doing it that way the divider would still slot in the middle dividing the two bases?

Do you know whether if you connect the base of the 140 plaza without extention to the base of a 160 plaza without extension so taking extension off making a 100cm and a 120cm? Then do you know whether doing it that way the divider would still slot in the middle dividing the two bases?
Or does the divider only work on an extention connected?

We haven’t had this cage set up for over a year now as Ted died and his two wives went back into the 160 plaza. I hope this helps, I’m struggling to remember how we did it, but we had a little ramp that went over from the 160 to the 140 cages. plus we cut down one bit of one of the dividers to fill in the back corner on the L shape
1642702706230.webp

Back