• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Johnson's Baby Shampoo

• Thread starter Thread starter Dic a Dom
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, Peter gurney used to use it, I am sure I have read that in one of his books (correct me if I am wrong someone) but I never have. Have a look at www.gorgeousguineas.com where special shampoos and melts are sold and are especially for guinea pigs sensitive skins :)

lavenderjade said:
Well, Peter gurney used to use it, I am sure I have read that in one of his books (correct me if I am wrong someone) but I never have. Have a look at www.gorgeousguineas.com where special shampoos and melts are sold and are especially for guinea pigs sensitive skins :)

Yes PG did use it, I have 3 of his books and Pig lopaedia

I bought the piglopedia when I had my first two and I have just bought PG All of their kind and Last of their kind recently from the winking cavy store. I started reading AOTK last night and had tears rolling down by the second chapter! :'(

The 3 PG books I have are
The Proper Care of Guinea Pigs
Piggy Potion
What's my Guinea Pig

I was also give How to care for your Guinea pig by Marianne Mays

My next book I buy will be Diagnostic Guide to Guinea Pig Problems by Vedra and it is £29.50

Yes and they have a great deal if you buy both I think it only comes to £15 that's including delivery O0. I searched everywhere for them. All the main bookshops didn't stock them or you had to wait forever until they delivered.

Thanks :D I just bought them both for £12.99 plus postage, really cant wait to get them! Thank you for that!

Honkeysmummy, do you know where I can get that book? I need retail therapy ;D

£29.50 inc p/p.you can pay via pay pal or post cheque made payable to v stanley spatcher to Cct/Bar 1 Splash Lane, Wyton, Huntingdon Cambs PE282AF,

I just bought those Peter Gurney books too! Bargain! Thanx for the link. O0

This topic came up a while ago - early last year. I know some people have used it with no problems for their piggies but personally I would never use it on my son so I certainly wouldn't use it on my piggies either. It's not actually as 'mild' as they say and can cause no end of skin irritation. The baby bath I believe is worse but then this is all just my opinion. ;)

I think that this is not gentle enough for piggies skin. GG is much better and smells yummy! O0 :smitten:

Baby shampoo can be used,but they do contain chemicals.GGs shampoos are much safer and I know that Peter would have recommeded these had they been available at the time.Remember that although Peters books are trhe best available,and very,very good,the books were writen a fedw years a go and vetinary treatment is updating all the time,so a lot of the products he advised when he wrote the books are now updated with better products.We are on an eternal learning curve with gps.

bobbysgirl said:
This topic came up a while ago - early last year. I know some people have used it with no problems for their piggies but personally I would never use it on my son so I certainly wouldn't use it on my piggies either. It's not actually as 'mild' as they say and can cause no end of skin irritation. The baby bath I believe is worse but then this is all just my opinion. ;)

Totally agree with this! I would never put it near my pigs and certainly won't be putting it near my own baby later this year! I have sensitive skin (though not hugely so) and the once or twice I used it it made my scalp itch until I used something else for relief! It stings when it gets into your eyes (no more tears, uh huh, sure) so it's not something I would use at all.

Gorgeous guineas shampoos are great.

Johnsons shampoo generally have the same PH balance as perm solution...wouldn't use it on a person let alone a piggy...just my opinion :)

Agree, didn't even use it before Gorgeous Guineas, can't believe they've been going nearly 5 years now :)

Does anyone know if the gorgeous guinea's shampoos etc are cruelty free? That's one of the reasons that I wouldn't buy Johnson's products because it isn't cruelty free. :'(

Let us know the answer. I like to know if things are cruelty free, but no sense in two of us emailing her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back