Jippi has VERY sharp teeth!

Status
Not open for further replies.

furryfriends (TEAS)

Forum Founder
Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Director at TEAS (East Hunsbury) Northampton
Have been feeling sorry for Jippi not having a cage mate so decided to introduce him to Patch. As I sat with them both on my lap, Jippi shot forward and sank his teeth into my arm! Blood spurted from it immediately! Have just spent lpast two hours down at the hospital. Believe it or not the wound is a good 3/4 inch long! You can imagine the receptionist's face when I walked into hospital saying 'I have been bitten......by a guinea pig' , everyone found it most amusing!

Well he had better watch out now as I didn't get to Tesco on time to buy meat for dinner! Roast Jippi on the menu tonight I think! :D

OUCH :(
Hope you are feeling better, do keep a close eye on your arm...poor you. It's as much the fright you get than anything else isn't it?
I've never been caught like that (famous last words ::) ) but a nasty nip can hurt...

This why I always say that we need to be very careful when it comes to warring guinea pigs :-\

Take care,
Barbara

It certainly hurts! :( Just glad it was me he bit and not Patch. They have said to keep a close eye on my arm and that I should go back if it starts to show any signs of infection!

He really is a little devil! Just wish he didn't look so sad on his own.

Oh well at least it gave them something to smile about at A and E. :D

I was told I shouldn't need one if I'd had one in the past. I did say it was a very long time ago but she said that would be ok. I would say it was at least 15 years ago. I am wondering if I should ask my GP tomorrow. What do u think?

Have been told it's meant to be at least 7 years. Don't know if that was right. No harm in asking, better to be safe then sorry :)

When i worked with animals, they told me it should be done every 5 years. I was a bit naughty though, i don't think i'd had one for 10 yrs plus. I got bitten, scratched etc but i'm still okay (i think :P)

Bloody hell thats not nice,yell at him for us if that helps and keep an eye on your arm in case of infection :(

Have been giving him a cuddle this evening! :) I am sure he didn't mean to hurt me He's a strange little man. He lived with Ben for a little while but then started to become aggressive so has been on his own since! He just looked so sad and lonely this morning! :(

Think I will move the cages around so I can try and put him next to someone he might like to be friendly with...with the safety of bars in between them!

I was bitten yesterday as well, I was cleaning them out and artie was in the way so I tapped his butt and he turned and bit my finger it went right through the glove and left 2 holes bleeding quite a bit I run it under water and cleaned it with TCP and left it, this morning its sore but no infection , my GP gave me a tetnus booster about 6 years ago and said it would ok for life now, they give them out quite a bit here as we live on mainly farm land and beaches ideal places to get cut etc,
the nly tiem I ever got bit bad was years ago with my male quincy he was about to bite another male in the run, and I stupidly put my hand between them God did it hurt two holes right down to the bone, I never once blamed him it was my own fault, but i learnt form it and use a towel if problems happens my kids all know never to put their hands near them if they are crabby,
maybe yesterday the pigs of England were all crabby lol

I'm wincing reading this! ouch. The only animal scar I have is from a guinea pig. I was 14 & my mums 2 boars were fighting so I put my hand in the run to stop them :~D it went right through the bit of skin between my little finger & ring finger - the amount of blood was amazing! I never blamed them either, I should have known better.

I was bitten for the first time by a pig last night. One of my peruvian boys hadn't approved of my hairdressing on him I think and nipped me as I put him back - can't believe how much it hurt for the virtually non-existant wound that's there! No hospital visit though thank goodness!

Hope your arm is better soon!

Gemma x

hils78 said:
I'm wincing reading this! ouch. The only animal scar I have is from a guinea pig. I was 14 & my mums 2 boars were fighting so I put my hand in the run to stop them :~D it went right through the bit of skin between my little finger & ring finger - the amount of blood was amazing! I never blamed them either, I should have known better.

Quarter and Bandit( cant remember their new names) did that yest,they had a right scrap and mum was gonna shove her hand in but pushed the dustpan between them instead
when she put her hand in to feed them this morning Bandit bit her hand
teen tantrums? >:(

Lol, Oh dear oh dear. Am laughing as i read this. I've been lucky, so far. There i've said it now. Will prob get mauled later. ;D

or when you hold them near your neck and have a necklace on,they love to grab it and pull backwards

Sars1359 said:
or when you hold them near your neck and have a necklace on,they love to grab it and pull backwards

Icey and Tiny are pains for chewing my necklace!

Riffy loves anything shiny!

Also he bit right through a lock of hair once. Looked so smug. :)

appar they like mirrors too ::)
i might have some large budgie mirrors hanging around somewhere,id love to see their faces when the other pig does the same as them..mwahaha

lol theyre sooooo vain,i swear if they had a comb and a mirror they would be there years posing ( worse than men ::))

Sars1359 said:
appar they like mirrors too ::)
i might have some large budgie mirrors hanging around somewhere,id love to see their faces when the other pig does the same as them..mwahaha

Ooh, there's something i never thought of. Have to nick that idea!

My camera's been used so much recently, think it's going to explode soon! Hopefully after i get pics though. ;D

we've got a hugh mirror in our lounge and
when I brought floo in one day after our little bonding sessions he saw himself and started rumbling and getting all het up bless him got his nose to touch his reflection and he looked as if to say hey where are you I can see you but cant feel you, he looked totally confused

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back