Jasper is being a brat!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Jasper and Jack have been living inthe same cage for about 2 and a half weeks now and Jack has been top pig, which is what I expected since he's about 6 month older and quite a big boy. There have never been any squabbles and I have never heard teeth chattering from them. They live in my room and I'm a student in the last few weeks of my final year so I'm working in my room constantly, so I would have heard them.
Tonight when I put them out for floor time Jasper is making a nuisance of himself. Seems he's making a bid for top pig and winning! :o
Unfortunately he has to keep reinforcing the fact that he can now hump Jack roughly every minute or so. There's still no chattering but Jack whinges something rotten! I guess I'm hoping that Jasper will settle down and stop mounting Jack constantly and just wanted peoples opinions on it.

I would just keep a close eye on them. It does sound the pecking order has changed and that Jasper is just making sure Jack knows it, so hopefully Jasper will stop mounting Jack as much as he is doing shortly. However, Jack may get fed up and there may be a fight brewing. You will have to keep a close eye on them. If Jasper doesn't stop maybe you may want to consider getting him neutered. O0

Mmmm, a similar thing happened with my two when Timmy reached 3 1/2 months and they have fought. Had to separate them so yes I agree with cavy crazy, keep a close eye on things and have a towel handy to throw over them, just in case. Fingers crossed they settle down though O0

hmmm i have 2 boars and i have seen reggie mounting ramone a few times - is this reggie being dominent over ramone.? i just thought it was because he was randy

i hope your boars settle down, its nice when they can live together in each others company :)

Laura

jediquigley said:
hmmm i have 2 boars and i have seen reggie mounting ramone a few times - is this reggie being dominent over ramone.?
Laura

Yes, this is Reggie being dominat over Ramone. :)

awww poor ramone

when i build them a larger cage hopefully there will be less mounting, they can have more of their own space :)

Well it's all settled down again, think it was just a spat. Not sure who's top pig anymore, Jack is still king of te hayloft but Jasper seems to rule elsewhere. Very strange arrangement but I supose if it works for them. 98)

yup lil Sherbert is being a brat too,shes carrying on like a dominant male,rumbling and teeth chattering etc ( freaky pig)
ive put a neutered male in there to sort her out O0

gus and jack said:
Well it's all settled down again, think it was just a spat. Not sure who's top pig anymore, Jack is still king of te hayloft but Jasper seems to rule elsewhere. Very strange arrangement but I supose if it works for them. 98)

At least it works and there is no challenging going on. :)

Puggies Rule said:
yup lil Sherbert is being a brat too,shes carrying on like a dominant male,rumbling and teeth chattering etc ( freaky pig)
ive put a neutered male in there to sort her out O0

;D It will probably be the other way round. I can see it now the male trying to climb the walls after a couple of minutes. ;D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back