• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

ivermectin, where to find and how too use.

• Thread starter Thread starter LanciaMad
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
L

LanciaMad

Hi,

I'm a newbie so go easy on me ;)

After wounds started to appear on my piggy I did some research on t'internet and assumed a fungle desease, treatment for that has not worked and after finding this forum I now recon its mites.

Did a quick search but couldnt find any advice on actually using ivermetin as an external drop.

Firstly, how many drops and when?

Is it ok to have a jacket on the subject during treatment to prevent self harming?

Found this stuff on eBay:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI....m=170133514146&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=007

Does it seem resonable? Looks like a lot of people have bought it from this seller.

Want to get my piggy better asap. :(

Hi, I wouldn't use it, it doesn't give the strength of Ivermectin in it. If its too low your guinea won't get better, too much and you may have other problems. Best to treat with a Gorgeous Guineas Melt (CocoNeem) and a shampoo (Manuka and Neem), if this doesn't work then go to the vet for Ivermectin on day one and ten.

Guineas don't like jackets, I don't use them. You need to stop/ease the pain to stop the scratching, a jacket will irritate him more.

Do you have a pigture of your guinea and the wounds :)

Welcome to the forum by the way :)

Gorgeous Guineas The site is being refurbished at the moment but go to the store to see the products :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back