• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Ivermectin Dosage

Status
Not open for further replies.

JayneG

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hi everyone. I got hold of some of the above and just want someone to confirm I'm giving the right dosage. The instructions say for pigs over 2.5lbs that the dosage should be 0.2mls. My boys are all between 2.7 and 3.1lbs so am intending to give them 0.2mls each. I know this seems obvious, but I just wanted to see what other people give to put my mind at rest before I give them this. Thanks!

That's the dosage i've given my piggies weighing 2.5lbs & over :)
I have to add i don't routinely give it; i've only given it to a piggy with mites & as a wormer for one of my piggies this year :)

I agree with Niki, But I always do mine before they go to new homes and maybe once/twice a year to everyone if I get someone with luuurkeys! :( :D

Yes I am advised to give it every 6 months as a wormer etc. Thanks for that. Cavy Love - I have pm'd you with details of where I got mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back