I've got the fleece what next?

• Thread starter Thread starter murtle
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

murtle

I've just been and bought some fleece (thin style) for 2 pound a metre. I think this will give me 4 blanckets, what do I do next, whst do I put underneath?
Thanks gain

I put newspaper under mine to take up some the wetness.

My little boar loves it - he is so much happier now rather than on woodshavings.

Good luck O0

i put fleece under my vetbed and use it in the igloos
when i do use it on its own its just that on its own nice and easy to clean up daily never use it more than that

Thanks for your replies, sorry I searched fleece and found lots of info-will use search more often now! :o

are there different types of fleece btw? Have never used fleece before, and wondered if any bogstandard fleece that I get in the shops (like they kind you make baby blankets out of) would do? I suppose that alot of the stuff being sold cheap in shops is sythetic stuff that probably wouldnt go down too well if the piggies decided to eat it?

Is there anything I should watch out for / avoid, when buying fleece?

I use newspaper and towels under my fleece. I find that that way the fleece stays dry much longer. The only problem I find with fleece is keeping the hay off it. I didn't want to have litter trays under the hay racks. So I have just put another small piece of fleece on top where the hay racks are. I find it easier to take that out every day and shake it in the bin rather than brush/hoover the whole thing all the time (I live in a flat with no garden so nowhere to shake it).

Abnoba I have used all kind of fleece and actually I find that the cheaper blankets are the better for wicking the urine way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back