I've A Slight Dilemma

Status
Not open for further replies.

MyNameIsX

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Hello! My last guinea pig died about two weeks ago. I went to the shelter to donate her remaining hay and bedding and pellets etc. While there, I inadvertently fell in love with one of the shelter pigs! I really want to adopt him. Unfortunately, my parents have told me that when I go to university, they don't want to care for the pig and would take it back to the shelter. In my heart I know that it would be better for Humphrey (the pig) to have a long term family. But I also really want to give him a nice home! Can anyone help me figure out what to do in this situation? Thank you!

(Moderators, if this thread is in the wrong place, please do move it!)

I know it is hard when you fall in love with them but personally knowing what you have said about your situation I would be strong and not adopt him.

It will be difficult but it will mean that he has a chance of a forever home which I think is very important especially for any piggy who has already ended up in a rescue.

Good luck with making your decision. xx

I know it is hard when you fall in love with them but personally knowing what you have said about your situation I would be strong and not adopt him.

It will be difficult but it will mean that he has a chance of a forever home which I think is very important especially for any piggy who has already ended up in a rescue.

Good luck with making your decision. xx
Thank you! It's a hard decision, I've had pigs for as long as I can remember and it's strange not having any!

The shelter is local. They're mainly dogs and cats. I'm hoping to be able to foster some of their pigs during school break because most of their pigs aren't used to people at all.

I fall in love everytime I visit a shelter! Its so hard I know but think for th piggies sake he'd be better off somewhere stable for his life

I can definitely understand falling in love, but if you can't take him to school and your parents won't keep him, he's probably better off with a family who can keep him for the rest of his life. Fostering sounds like a great way to have pigs without a long-term commitment, though!

Sorry that you lost your guinea pig.
I also understand your feelings about wanting a new guinea pig, however, If you are not going to be able to take him to college with you, and your parents don't want to care for him, he would be better off with someone else. I don't think it be fair for the guinea pig to be stuck with your parents anyway if their not going to hold, or play with him.

http://lewisfemale.webstoreplace.com/
http://lewisfemale.webstoreplace.com/ Plus size clothes

Hello, welcome to the forum. It is a tough decision but you have to put the piggy first and with you going to Uni this wouldn't be the right time to have another piggy, Once you are done with your studies there will be other little ones needing homes. Fostering is a good idea during breaks for them

Sorry for the loss of your piggy, please feel free to leave a tribute to them in our Rainbow Bridge section of the forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back