Is Vetbed the way forward?

• Thread starter Thread starter ziggyzebra
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Z

ziggyzebra

I read all the reviews on the different types of bedding/cage covering, and I think vetbed clinches it - I'm soon to be building a C&C cage for the boys and I'm wanting to get some vetbed for it...it looks much better than the stuff i'm using at the moment, and the boys will probably love it...
Does anyone have a C&C cage of 2x5 grids and vetbed also? How much vetbed will I need for it?
I'm rubbish with working out numbers and lengths and stuff!

Any help would be fantastic, thanks!

Vicky xx

(also, is Vetbed as good as they say it is?)

If you email the lady from ebay with the sizes you need she will give you a quote. Thats what I done you will need to measure it first tho to be sure.

I brought vet bed and think it's great when piggies are ill or have had an op but i can't use it all the time as needs cleaning and changing every other day, I also find it a bit smelly x

I used vet bed for two years and thought it was great. But after building our new C&C cage I gave fleece a try as it's much cheaper. I find fleece much easier to clean but end up changing it twice a day. Didn't need to change vet bed that often but found it very hard to get the piggy poos of it. Although I am using fleece now I still think that vet bed is fantastic and would recommend it to anyone!

I used to use vet bed with a 2x4 C&C and I struggled to get it all in the washer plus the hay and hair used to stick quite a lot. If you don't mind cutting the vetbed into 2 smaller pieces then you should be fine, but my boys used to tunnel and then live under the vetbed so it wasn't an option for me. I now use fleece and its a much easier and cheaper option for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back