Is This Strange

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is sweet! I got my poochie from the RSPCA when she was already 3 & fixed, but I suspect she had babies in the past & thinks the piggies are puppies. She watches the telly only when puppies are making noises on it. She runs to the piggies when they are wheeking & pesters me to attend to them. When they are on the sofa she lays down with them, allows them to crawl all over her, licks their behinds & even allows Peanut Butter to chew on her tail hair.

I'm not sure it's a good idea to let her do that really, because the piggy is a prey animal it will find it very stressful, even though it doesn't show it :(

That's really nice, the total opposite of our cat who looks at our guinea pigs & rabbits as a source of food.

When I was younger we had piggies and a toy Yorkshire terrier (i.e. a small one, not a stuffed one!) and she would do exactly the same with the piggies - following them around cleaning them and generally wanting to be mummy. The piggies were almost as big as her. She even used to share their food when given the chance. This photo was from approx. 1988.

d3d70f77-843b-4dd2-a23c-7a6159a48605_zps70458b0a.jpg

Aw I see of problem. If a tiger can become surrogate mother to piglets why not the same for a cat or dog. If she was going to hurt them she would have done already.

When I was younger we had piggies and a toy Yorkshire terrier (i.e. a small one, not a stuffed one!) and she would do exactly the same with the piggies - following them around cleaning them and generally wanting to be mummy. The piggies were almost as big as her. She even used to share their food when given the chance. This photo was from approx. 1988.

d3d70f77-843b-4dd2-a23c-7a6159a48605_zps70458b0a.jpg
That is soooo cute. My sis has a yorkie but there's no way I'd trust him like this. What lovely memories. Xx

Here are some photos of poochie with piggies at sofa time. I must stress a human is always on the sofa supervising. I do not, however, let poochie in the same room as the piggies where they are having free range floor time. I just worry she may get too excited with the way Peanut Butter likes to do zoomies as she does zoomies herself. My son's dog, on the other hand, a little mini foxy, whom I often look after, completely ignores the piggies and acts like they are not even there!.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back