Is This Safe For Washing Piggie Laundry?

Status
Not open for further replies.

luckyandsammy

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I found this when I went shopping today. On the back it says you can use it for laundry.
Would it be safe for washing fleece and towels?
If so, how much would I have to use?
I normally use normal washing powder but I find that it doesn't really get rid of all the smells.

I would not recommend it. Some people have commented that not all ingredients are actually safe for guinea pigs. Shampoos and cage disinfectants should not be used for laundry because of the foaming anyway.

Washing fleece at 60 C/140 F from time to time does the same trick very nicely without the need to buy an anti-bacterial product, if necessary, you can even wash fleece at 90 C/200 F without problems! :)
I wash with plain non-bio powder and have not had any problems in the 6 years since I switched to fleece.

F10 is the best deep cleaning cage disinfectant as it also kills ringworm spores - the only product that does so; most cage cleaners are anti-bacterial but not anti-fungal. You don't need to use it every time, just occasionally. The concentrate will last you a goodly while!

I find a final rinse of white vinegar in the machine eliminates any smells and cleans the machine. Surprisingly the fleece doesn't smell of vinegar!

I agree with the comments above. 60 degree wash kills bacteria and white vinegar in the rinse is an odour neutraliser.

i use white vinegar and a dash of anti bacterial dettol washing stuff.. my fleece never smells afterwards..

I use vinegar in the final rinse and the fleece doesn't smell but the towels do.
I want to use something disinfecting.
Which anti-bacterial powder do you use @artcasper ?
I think detol do a few :)

I use vinegar in the final rinse and the fleece doesn't smell but the towels do.
I want to use something disinfecting.
Which anti-bacterial powder do you use @artcasper ?
I think detol do a few :)
I use this.. But to be honest, only recently and I don't use a lot. I always wash at 60 anyway ... Always used white vinegar and no smells.. As for wash powder, i use Aldi non bio..

image.webp

i use a paragon flea.mite bacterial washing liquid once a month,all other times i use aldi wash tabs clourand dettol laundry cleanser/or aldi bacterial laundry cleanser,halo have a bacterial,fungalviral laundry washing liquid that is goodi have used this with great sucess,as have nurses uniforms that need to be safely washed.also napisan from wilkos can be used with laundry detergent to same effect. good luck.xx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back