Is this run suitable for 7 adult guinea pigs?

Tara95

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hello hope everyone is well :) I'd love to get something like this especially for the summer and it seems budget friendly too! I really hope this would be suitable for them as a run! Many thanks:)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220522-225440_Chrome.webp
    Screenshot_20220522-225440_Chrome.webp
    28.2 KB · Views: 37
  • Screenshot_20220522-225416_Chrome.webp
    Screenshot_20220522-225416_Chrome.webp
    51.7 KB · Views: 41
  • Screenshot_20220522-225224_Chrome.webp
    Screenshot_20220522-225224_Chrome.webp
    50.3 KB · Views: 34
  • 20220514_205424.webp
    20220514_205424.webp
    114.8 KB · Views: 32
  • 20220514_205321.webp
    20220514_205321.webp
    107.6 KB · Views: 25
  • 20220514_205323.webp
    20220514_205323.webp
    103.3 KB · Views: 23
  • 20220514_205301.webp
    20220514_205301.webp
    115.1 KB · Views: 21
  • 20220514_205422.webp
    20220514_205422.webp
    105.1 KB · Views: 32
Looks great just make sure it predator proof and reviews are good. Also provide lots of shade in there for piggies

Looks great just make sure it predator proof and reviews are good. Also provide lots of shade in there for piggies
Looks a good size. Lucky piggies.
Thank.you, I wasn't sure if perhaps the size of the holes were too big and it confused me as it says its suitable for a wide range of animals including rabbits but doesn't mention guinea pigs. I know there's a small gap at the bottom but I'm sure they would've mentioned it as unsuitable for baby rabbits if it was that big. Many thanks :) it will basically just about fit in my garden and am going a bit mad as I haven't been cutting the grass for them 🤣

I was looking at this for the foster buns I have, but haven’t indulged. I think my only worry is that I don’t think the mesh will at all be predator proof. It looks like just one up from chicken wire in the photos, and I though the holes were a bit big.
I’ve seen a person on a Facebook group has it for her pigs and is happy with it. But I saw they put some boarding all around the bottom as there is a bit of a gap which I imagine a small or determined pig could get out, and again I worry about predators

I think though you could potentially make some changes and make it work? It’s a really good size and like you I was very tempted.

I’ve just looked this up online and, like Lavinia, I would be concerned about the mesh. Hexagonal mesh isn’t usually predator proof, plus on one of the pictures on the website you can clearly see the mesh has been bent inwards likely through not being strong enough.
The size is brilliant and being walk in is so useful (my rabbit enclosures are walk in (well, walk in ish, I do have to crouch down a little) But for the price the quality of the mesh would put me off if I then had to go and make alterations to it.

It looks great :) I wish I could have something this big for my 4 but space is limited
I was looking at this for the foster buns I have, but haven’t indulged. I think my only worry is that I don’t think the mesh will at all be predator proof. It looks like just one up from chicken wire in the photos, and I though the holes were a bit big.
I’ve seen a person on a Facebook group has it for her pigs and is happy with it. But I saw they put some boarding all around the bottom as there is a bit of a gap which I imagine a small or determined pig could get out, and again I worry about predators

I think though you could potentially make some changes and make it work? It’s a really good size and like you I was very tempted.
Thank you for advise. I would always be supervising them tbh might pop to the loo for the odd minute but just want something to temporarily stop a magpie getting in before I get the chance to scare it away. I think I'm going to go for it. They're all adults now and most are fully grown and quite large. Just thinking about what I could put at the bottom to.make it more secure.

I’ve just looked this up online and, like Lavinia, I would be concerned about the mesh. Hexagonal mesh isn’t usually predator proof, plus on one of the pictures on the website you can clearly see the mesh has been bent inwards likely through not being strong enough.
The size is brilliant and being walk in is so useful (my rabbit enclosures are walk in (well, walk in ish, I do have to crouch down a little) But for the price the quality of the mesh would put me off if I then had to go and make alterations to it.
Aww thank you I might look to see if there's something more secure out there for the price. I would always be supervising at all times the only time I would be away is if I had to pop to the loo for the odd minute. I just want something to temporarily stop something like a magpie or cat getting in before I can scare it away if that makes sense. :)

Aww thank you I might look to see if there's something more secure out there for the price. I would always be supervising at all times the only time I would be away is if I had to pop to the loo for the odd minute. I just want something to temporarily stop something like a magpie or cat getting in before I can scare it away if that makes sense. :)

I guess it depends on how you let your piggies have their outside time. If they are only out for a short time and you can sit by them for the whole time then it’s probably easier to manage with the mesh not (seemingly) being quite as I would personally like it.
My boys can be on the lawn for up to 14 hours and while I only have them out while I am home, their run is in my sight line from the back of the house (i have two rooms which are fully glass at the back) and I go out to check on them regularly, I am not stood over them for the entire 14 hours!

. It would have to be 110% safe for the ‘precious piggle cargo’ to be in :) It sadly takes seconds for a predator to get in when you are not around.
Good luck on the search

I guess it depends on how you let your piggies have their outside time. If they are only out for a short time and you can sit by them for the whole time then it’s probably easier to manage with the mesh not (seemingly) being quite as I would personally like it.
My boys can be on the lawn for up to 14 hours and while I only have them out while I am home, their run is in my sight line from the back of the house (i have two rooms which are fully glass at the back) and I go out to check on them regularly, I am not stood over them for the entire 14 hours!
It's mainly for the weekends when me and my boyfriend are both off so we can both supervise/take it in turns to watch them. Tbh the run is about the same size as my garden so I'd always be next to it or in it! What we've been doing recently is getting them out at about 1 and taking them back in at about 8.30 when the weather is warm enough. I'm also off for the summer hols so would like them out as often as possible. The only issue I can think of is when I'm by myself and I need to collect all 7 guinea pigs separately from their cage. May need to put a secure mini hutch in the run until they're all down and able to be supervised perhaps. Many thanks :)

It's mainly for the weekends when me and my boyfriend are both off so we can both supervise/take it in turns to watch them. Tbh the run is about the same size as my garden so I'd always be next to it or in it! What we've been doing recently is getting them out at about 1 and taking them back in at about 8.30 when the weather is warm enough. I'm also off for the summer hols so would like them out as often as possible. The only issue I can think of is when I'm by myself and I need to collect all 7 guinea pigs separately from their cage. May need to put a secure mini hutch in the run until they're all down and able to be supervised perhaps. Many thanks :)

I take both my two - and of course two is much easier than seven! - to their run together either in a pet carrier or the bucket I use to transport hay around the pens (a coloured gorilla tub). I wonder if there is a carrier/plastic box/ bucket you can use to transport a few piggies at a time safely?

I take both my two - and of course two is much easier than seven! - to their run together either in a pet carrier or the bucket I use to transport hay around the pens (a coloured gorilla tub). I wonder if there is a carrier/plastic box/ bucket you can use to transport a few piggies at a time safely?
Ohh thats a good idea, I never thought of that. It generally is quite hard to catch them and takes ages. I have a small cat carrier that I use but its always hard to catch two at once without one running off lol 😆 x

Back