Is this normal?

Mh29

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Hi! Looking for a bit of a advice. I’m not sure if the sound will be loud enough to hear but just wondering if this is normal behaviour? These are my first pigs (girls) so still very unsure about behaviour and noises. Is this just them playing together or is this more like fighting? They do this every so often for a while then stop. Thanks in advance! 😊

Hi! Looking for a bit of a advice. I’m not sure if the sound will be loud enough to hear but just wondering if this is normal behaviour? These are my first pigs (girls) so still very unsure about behaviour and noises. Is this just them playing together or is this more like fighting? They do this every so often for a while then stop. Thanks in advance! 😊

Hi and welcome

You will unfortunately have to upload any video elsewhere on a public setting (we recommend youtube) and then copy it into your next post. We are not part of social media (which has other advantages) but since we are running entirely on voluntary member donations, a video facility would require a lot more bandwidth and be very expensive.

You may also find these links here helpful in learning about behaviours which usually have a body language, a scent/pheromone and a situational component in addition to vocals and which can be modified according to strength of feeling or the situation.
A - Z of Guinea Pig Behaviours

Dominance Behaviours In Guinea Pigs
Bonding and Interaction: Illustrated social behaviours and bonding dynamics

'Popcorning' (jumping) and 'zooming' (running) - joy and exuberance (videos)

Back