• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

is this lice?

• Thread starter Thread starter LMT76
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
L

LMT76

ive just been looking through my guinea pigs coats and found some tiny white things crawling about, is it lice and what do i use to get rid of them?

A trip to the vets maybe a good idea then they can give them a really good check over and give you something for lice, when I rescued ringo and star they had lice I treated them but took them to the vets for a thoura check over and found stars back teeth were bad so it might be a good idea for you to go ;)

I agree with Dazie, I think it would be a good idea to take them along to the vet so they can get a proper check & weigh & they can advise on if they are a healthy weight for their size. :)

thanks,, i will make an appointment

ive just bought beaphar anti- parasite spot on for guinea pigs.

well i didnt see any at P@H, with the spot on i used this morning,, how long will it take for the stuff to work. is it more for preventing lice than actually getting rid of them?

I am not sure you are even supposed to use that :-\

Lice n easy is sold on the gorgeous guineas website :)

the lice n easy is for guinea pigs 12 weeks and over.. on the beaphar anti- parasite spot on for guinea pigs it doesnt say an age limit...

A couple of applications of Lice N' Easy will see them off but make sure you do them twice or you may as well not do them at all :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back