Is this hay ok for Guinea Pigs?

Bill & Ted

Forum Buddy
Reaction score
I know this is probably a really silly question but is this Burgess Long Stemmed hay for Rabbits ok for piggies too? it’s quite coarse compared to my farm bought hay, I got it when I was house sitting in East Sussex and I have just noticed it says absolutely nothing about suitability for guinea pigs only rabbits. I’m sure I’ve bought it before and given it too them
B0425AB2-CFB0-42F6-8196-C69A75196B05.jpeg

It has Rabbit on the packaging so tax does not have to be paid.Rabbit food does not have tax added.As it is due to Rabbit being a farm food.
Well I didn’t know that, they seem to have eaten most of it. it’s a recipe for hay poke though some of strands are really sharp and hard, almost straw like

Well I didn’t know that, they seem to have eaten most of it. it’s a recipe for hay poke though some of strands are really sharp and hard, almost straw like

It's the best type of hay according to the goblins. How I've missed out on hay poke yet, I've no idea.

I bought it as I thought I might run out but actually brought it home unopened. They get a mix of organic local farm hay and pillow wad usually but this is going down quite nicely

Back