Is this hay good?

vicky.

New Born Pup
Reaction score
I might be soon adopting 3 guinea pig sows, Orange, Maisy and Daisy. For their cage they'd have a 2x5 C&C cage with fleece bedding. I also want to give them a hay area (basically hay in an ikea storage box), but I'm worried about the possibility of eye poke or hay getting stuck in their eyes. I would give them timothy hay blend from haybox.club alongside another hay, I'm not sure how spiky the meadow hay on haybox is so I found this silky soft hay Silky Soft Hay| Comfortable & Cosy Bedding Hay – littlehayco.com , and i was wondering if its good for guinea pigs as I dont think it contains meadow hay so I'm not quite sure

Hi. I use haybox blend. It’s both soft and a bit spiky. My two love it. I’ve never had a piggy with hay poke. You could always use meadow hay which is softer and put the nicer Timothy blend on top.

I might be soon adopting 3 guinea pig sows, Orange, Maisy and Daisy. For their cage they'd have a 2x5 C&C cage with fleece bedding. I also want to give them a hay area (basically hay in an ikea storage box), but I'm worried about the possibility of eye poke or hay getting stuck in their eyes. I would give them timothy hay blend from haybox.club alongside another hay, I'm not sure how spiky the meadow hay on haybox is so I found this silky soft hay Silky Soft Hay| Comfortable & Cosy Bedding Hay – littlehayco.com , and i was wondering if its good for guinea pigs as I dont think it contains meadow hay so I'm not quite sure
Reading the description on the link it is a blend of meadow hays that have been cut early, so will be absolutely fine for piggies.

Back