is this dangerous?

• Thread starter Thread starter DM120421
  • Start date Start date
D

DM120421

my guinea pig keeps trying to get on top of her house, should i let her. how could i prevent her from doing it?
i don’t know if it’s fine or if she falls, could she hurt herself
57E3F1B5-B322-44F5-B614-1ED09918AFD3.webp

Some piggies are more adventurous than others! Please don’t worry, she wouldn’t do it if she wasn’t comfortable to do so.
One of mine is a climber and loves to spend time on top of his houses but the other one like his feet firmly on the ground at all times!

My Minx loved the 'high life' so much, she would not only sleep on top of it but even sit on top of her hut in her little hospital cage in the vet's waiting room, staring down five scared cats in their carriers and clearly enjoying the stir she caused! My husband had to make another hut so her little companion had her own sleeping place up there because that was obviously the way it should be done. :)

She discovered stair jumping 10 days before giving birth to two pet shop surprise babies (I have gone strictly rescue since). I knew the day when she considered the babies weaned - that was the day she went back up our stairs. Try to explain to a gasman with a straight face why you have to 'piggy proof' your stairs with a cardboard barrier! We've had her in our veg rack and trying to get into the fridge and needed keep our toilet brush well out of her reach... It was like living with a pint-sized toddler.

Gundham used to do this when he was a lively young piglet but he's grown up a bit now and thinks it's much better to push a cardboard box over and sleep in it like a boat instead.

We appear to have the same issue at the same time Kronk discovered he could get on his tunnel and I don’t think he’s going to stop now that he can :xd: having watched him get down multiple times now I’m a lot more relaxed, they’re pretty good at safely getting up and down so I wouldn’t worry:D
F08C41D0-71EC-479E-9AAD-B7F1C626D8A4.webp

My Ginger climbs on the carrot cottage, although I’ve never managed to get a photo, I’ll keep on trying

Back