Is This Cage Okay For 2 Guinea Pigs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marcelina

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Hello,
I stumbled upon a cage on Amazon that is apparently suitable for guinea pigs. Iattached a picture of it. The dimensions are 115 x 60 x 58 cm (W x D x H). Dimensions of ladder: about 30 x 10 x 1.2 cm (W x D x H).

Is it big enough for two guinea pigs? They will be free to leave their cage for like 1-3 hours a day or more.

Capture.webp

Hello,
I stumbled upon a cage on Amazon that is apparently suitable for guinea pigs. Iattached a picture of it. The dimensions are 115 x 60 x 58 cm (W x D x H). Dimensions of ladder: about 30 x 10 x 1.2 cm (W x D x H).

Is it big enough for two guinea pigs? They will be free to leave their cage for like 1-3 hours a day or more.

View attachment 65178

As it has three good sized levels, you should be fine with it. The minimum recommendation for a single story two pair cage is 120x60 cm. What may be an issue is air flow throughout the cage and making sure that the piggies can't jump out from an upper story - the top level is no safe for guinea pigs; it has obviously been designed for rats and you may want to remove the ramp that leads up to it.

Yeah, I was also wondering about the airflow throughout the whole cage... never really thought about the third story. Thanks for your response, I'll see if I can find a more suitable cage, and if not I'll just go with this one and remove the third story... might have to do something to improve the airflow as well. Thanks.

I was just going to suggest Zooplus, they have really good prices for a number of their cages. I have the plaza 140 and really pleased with it, excellent quality.

Wow, thanks for the suggestion. That cage looks nice and big for two guinea pigs! The shipping isn't really that much and the price is affordable for me right now which is perfect. I'll definitely be ordering this in the upcoming days, hope it doesn't go off sale... Anyone know how long the sales last?

I think the shipping with zooplus is free, I didn't pay for delivery of the 140cm cage.

also have a good for "zooplus voucher codes". I managed to get 5% off my first order with zooplus by using a voucher code I found using this method

I don't live in Great Britain, so unfortunately, the shipping costs for me. But it's no biggie, it's only £9.99 and altogether it is £69.98... the other cage I was looking at Amazon cost like £76... so I'm saving. And I checked around pet stores where I live and the cages are pretty costly, around 90-100 for a proper cage that meets the requirements so this is a great offer for me! :) Thank you

Wow, thanks for the suggestion. That cage looks nice and big for two guinea pigs! The shipping isn't really that much and the price is affordable for me right now which is perfect. I'll definitely be ordering this in the upcoming days, hope it doesn't go off sale... Anyone know how long the sales last?

If I remember correctly, shipping is free. If I were you, I'd order very quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back