Is This Cage Good?

• Thread starter Thread starter DM030619
  • Start date Start date
Also piggies do better with open side cages not Perspex or glass. the lack of circulating air can cause respitary problems from dust from hay/bedding and ammonia from urine.

I really can't recommend enough this Ferplast:
http://www.zooplus.no/shop/smadyr/bur/kaninbur/kaninbur_140cm/567362

It's almost twice as cheap as the Living World Green, and infinitely better. It's perfectly adequate, even for a couple of boars. You can buy a spare house, so everyone will have their food bowl and hidey, plus lots of space in between for playing:
PUB 3255 | PUB are the ideal shelter for your small animal - Ferplast
Already bought the cage and cant return it. :(, maybe i can buy it later.

I really can't recommend enough this Ferplast:
http://www.zooplus.no/shop/smadyr/bur/kaninbur/kaninbur_140cm/567362

It's almost twice as cheap as the Living World Green, and infinitely better. It's perfectly adequate, even for a couple of boars. You can buy a spare house, so everyone will have their food bowl and hidey, plus lots of space in between for playing:
PUB 3255 | PUB are the ideal shelter for your small animal - Ferplast
It had alot of negative reviews.

well the cage you posted only had 1 review. You cant go by 1 review. See if you can resell it and buy a better cage

This cage has really good ratings but is it good for 2 piggies?
The living world cages can be very expensive and small for the price. I suggest buying a c & c cage as they can offer lots of space for piggies not to mention being noticeably cheaper and adaptable to your home . The minimum size for 2 guinea pigs is 2 x 4 grids however, bigger is better especially with boars as they are more territorial and will need more space as I discovered with my two boys. Another point I would like to add is, as seen in the living world cage they use sawdust which is not a good bedding to use as can cause respiratory infections as well as possibly triggering peoples allergies - I am soon to switch to fleece once my c & c cage arrives for Christmas and I strongly recommend this to be used as their bedding.

- I hope you found this useful xx

Already bought the cage and cant return it. :(, maybe i can buy it later.

Zooplus does accept returns pursuant to the Eu legislation on sale of goods away from business premises. You'd only be responsible for the return postage. I really think this cage would be tiny and insufficiently ventilated for the piggies, unfortunately... C&C would also be a good alternative, but shipping to Norway would be very pricey, I imagine.

Another advantage to the Ferplast Plaza is that it can grow together with your heard. I've seen the customer pictures in zooplus.de, and there's a bunny owner who has 3 Ferplast Plazas joined together to make a reeeeally large cage for their bunnies

Zooplus does accept returns pursuant to the Eu legislation on sale of goods away from business premises. You'd only be responsible for the return postage. I really think this cage would be tiny and insufficiently ventilated for the piggies, unfortunately... C&C would also be a good alternative, but shipping to Norway would be very pricey, I imagine.

Another advantage to the Ferplast Plaza is that it can grow together with your heard. I've seen the customer pictures in zooplus.de, and there's a bunny owner who has 3 Ferplast Plazas joined together to make a reeeeally large cage for their bunnies
Yea.

Back