Is this bad?

• Thread starter Thread starter luvmychester
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
L

luvmychester

I don't see why it would be, but I don't use bedding. I have two fluffy-ish towels that span the length and width of the cage that I was once a week in hot soap-free water and dry well. There is no smell from their urine/poops and neither of my boys seem to have any problems with it. I notice less sneezing from them too since I stopped using the packaged bedding. Does anyone else do anything similar? Is it bad or detrimental to health to not use bedding?

Thanks. ::)

it sounds like a good solution for a piggy thats overly sensitive or has respiratory problems. do you give your piggers hay in a manger? it is important that they have hay to eat at all times.

Oh yep, they have hay at all times. Seems I'm replacing the hay feeder once a day. ::) ;) They also get pellets and parsley, apples, snap peas, carrot, orange and green beans everyday. They sure go through the food! ;D

I cant see any problems with this I always do this for ill or convalesing pigs anyway as long as hay is always available, at the moment jinx and dobby are both on towels changed once or twice daily ( more if poops go into overdrive)

When Sammy was recovering from his Op i only used towels in his hossie cage, i think its fine for an inside set up but outside in the shed i prefer to use as much hay as possible, they have vet bed in their sleeping areas except for the igloos which is newspaper hay and shredded paper though with the shredded paper you have to watch it does get wet cos one my girls is real lazy and pees everywhere ! Then in the main areas i use megazorb and i really like it, I also notice that with the megazorb i can leave it for 2 weeks without having to change it completely as i take out the wet patches every few days and sprinkle another handful over.

Towels are a fab bedding if you can keep up to the washing. I think you may be best to change the towels more often than once a week. At least every two days I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back