• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Is this a normal vagina ?

mochalily2020

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

Sorry for the name of the thread but I wasnt sure what to call it.. my 5.5 year old sow has been getting sniffed a lot by her cage mates so I checked her out and I wanted to see if this pinkness is normal for her?
For reference she is spayed after having had tumors but that was 2 years ago or so.

Any advice would be appreciated thanks a lot

Attachments

• 20210922_205650.webp
    20210922_205650.webp
    36.4 KB · Views: 31
  • 20210922_205646.webp
    20210922_205646.webp
    35.2 KB · Views: 31
If you have any concerns, then its best to see a vet. I'm afraid we can't know what is her normal colouring

We do see a range of skin colourings (black to white to pink and even patches!) but it's whether your pig's girl bits have undergone any changes recently.
The other thing to consider is whether it's actually her poop generating the interest. When my sow kept nosing under my old boar it was because he had become impacted and there was a big plug of whiffy poop - even I couldn't believe my nose when I found it! This is more a boar problem though, and it was really obvious.

If there's a time you spot the others nosing under, try and extract her at that point to get a look and see if there's anything obviously different. Other than that it's a vet visit if you are worried. She looks a lovely fluffy girl 💕

Hey everyone,

Sorry for the name of the thread but I wasnt sure what to call it.. my 5.5 year old sow has been getting sniffed a lot by her cage mates so I checked her out and I wanted to see if this pinkness is normal for her?
For reference she is spayed after having had tumors but that was 2 years ago or so.

Any advice would be appreciated thanks a lot

Hi

Yes, that looks normal to me; the pink part would normally have white hair. It is not looking red or swollen.

You may want to have her vet checked for ovarian cysts or a potential infection in either her reproductive trat or the urinary tract if there has been a sudden persistent change and not just a short-term change in hormone related pheromone output. This would be more in the way of a non-urgent MOT.

Back