Is this a good cage for my piggies?

Looks like a great sized cage to me! C&C cages are great options (I have one myself) and can easily be made bigger or changed to any shape you need. It does depend on how many pigs you have though? This would be a good size for up to four females (or a neutered male and three females).
Good luck 😊
Edit: I just looked at your intro and I see you have two boys. A 2x6 is a great size ☺️

Sorry, you may have already posted in a different thread, but how many piggies do you have and what sexes are they?
This is a great cage though.

That's a great cage for 2 boys :nod:
Just remember that any change in territory can cause upset, so be sure to use familiar smelling items in any new set up.
Yes ofc! I’m sure the hour long car ride won’t be pleasant for them either. But I’ll be sure to include treats and familiar smelling items in the travel cage.

My family is moving next year, and my piggies will no longer be able to free roam my room. I’ve been researching a lot to find a good cage for them. I think this is a great one! But I’d like other piggy owners opinions

Jumbo (2x6 Grids) / WIDE Loft
looks like a great cage. But a thought you might want to ponder over. dont get an upper floor. spend the extra $38, get two and link them together for a 4x6. dollar to square feet thats gonna get you your best bang for your buck.... $10 per square foot of cage space compared to $12.62.. plus it gives them 8 more square feet to play with. so you could see it as getting those extra 8 square feet at only $5 per extra. with the extra and the space that would be loft. thats 12.5 square feet that the piggies may enjoy more as not all of them are brave enough to go up ramps. even if they do doesn't mean they enjoy it. they do love floor space tho.

Jumbo (2x6 Grids) Cage

Yes ofc! I’m sure the hour long car ride won’t be pleasant for them either. But I’ll be sure to include treats and familiar smelling items in the travel cage.
Actually in my experience most guinea pigs cope rather well with car rides.
All of mine have certainly travelled well over an hour, and in a carrier stuffed with hay with a few pieces of cucumber for hydration that tend to munch for a while and then fall asleep!

I often take my piggies when we go away.
It’s a 2.5 - 3 hour car ride ( unless the motorways are having problems! )
I fill their carrier with hay and a handful of herbs. They’re absolutely fine.
I put the carrier in the passenger footwell for safety.

When we moved house and had a longer journey I took some cucumber chunks with me so we could stop en route and give the piggies a little treat and breather.

Back