Is this a good bedding?

It seems ok but you won’t know how well they work until you try them. Make aure you wash them before first use. You may need to put fleece on top of it as that is what wicks the urine thick to the puppy pads underneath - it depends what the top of those pads is made of

You are better off to use several smaller ones rather than one large one that fits the cage. The is because having one big one can make things harder - it can imbalance your washing machine. Also, particularly if your piggies are young boys, it’s recommended to only change half the bedding at one time so that you don’t disrupt the full territory by removing all scent in one go

You could need to put a fleece or smaller fleece pads in high traffic areas. As it makes it easier to just remove smaller areas when they are soiled and then the main fleece gets to go a bit longer

A Detailed Guide For Fleece Bedding

Thank you!

I was reading the guide, do you think pads+fleeces would be a good pair? I have no problem at all cleaning and washing. I also have a vacuum hand cleaner.

Since the cage is 120x90cm, how many do you think would be a good number of pads and fleeces? And a good size for every of them?
I saw it would be good to be 100% polyester...?

Sorry, I am still a novice raising guinea pigs, so I have so many doubts..

Thank you!

I was reading the guide, do you think pads+fleeces would be a good pair? I have no problem at all cleaning and washing. I also have a vacuum hand cleaner.

Since the cage is 120x90cm, how many do you think would be a good number of pads and fleeces? And a good size for every of them?
I saw it would be good to be 100% polyester...?

Sorry, I am still a novice raising guinea pigs, so I have so many doubts..

Pee pads and fleece is a good bedding but it really
Comes down to personal preference! For example, my piggies live in my shed so I have to use hay as bedding and I don’t like the extra washing of using fabric bedding

Pee pads and fleece is a good bedding but it really
Comes down to personal preference! For example, my piggies live in my shed so I have to use hay as bedding and I don’t like the extra washing of using fabric bedding

Oh I see... I was using hay and woodshaving as bedding for the current cage, and it was working, but I wanted something more comfortable and since it is indoors in my bedroom...? Also, with a large cage I would need lots of hay and woodshaving.
Do you think 4 pads would be good to the whole cage? And about 4 fleeces and some soft towels?

I plan to buy the double of everything because while they are washing I would be putting the clean ones in the cage.

Oh I see... I was using hay and woodshaving as bedding for the current cage, and it was working, but I wanted something more comfortable and since it is indoors in my bedroom...? Also, with a large cage I would need lots of hay and woodshaving.
Do you think 4 pads would be good to the whole cage? And about 4 fleeces and some soft towels?

I plan to buy the double of everything because while they are washing I would be putting the clean ones in the cage.

As hay is the main source of food, being surrounded by hay is good for them!
Bedding is personal choice though

Yes four will probably be ok for now.

Back