Is the cage big enough

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 149086
  • Start date Start date
D

Deleted member 149086

So, (I think) were going to get a second guinea pig, (and mocha needs a new cage anyway). I was wondering if this is big enough for 1 or 2. (I'm really bad at measuring so I just put my guinea pig to show how big it is.) The cage isn't complete yet, since it needs a hay feeder, water bottle, fleece, etc., and we haven't bought those items yet.
20220331_115323.jpg

So, I (think) were going to get a second guinea pig, (and mocha needs a new cage anyway). I was wondering if this is big enough for 1 or 2. (I'm really bad at measuring so I just put my guinea pig to show how big it is.) The cage isn't complete yet, since it needs a hay feeder, water bottle, fleece, etc., and we haven't bought those items yet.
View attachment 199396

Hi

This is ample space for two!

My tip is to place the huts (please always with two exits at first) more towards the centre and build a little race track with tunnels around the perimeter. Or anchor the tunnels between a hut and the grids. ;)

Hi everyone,
I am new to this and was just wondering if I could get some advice.
I have two pairs of bonded girls. Two who are about 6/7 months old and two who are about 8 weeks old that I’ve got recently.
I am wondering what the requirements are for 4 piggies when I bond them. I am currently looking at making a 2x6 c&c with an upstairs 2x2 loft (I know this doesn’t account for total floor space) so was just wondering if this is big enough for 4 or if I need to make it bigger
Thank you!

Hi everyone,
I am new to this and was just wondering if I could get some advice.
I have two pairs of bonded girls. Two who are about 6/7 months old and two who are about 8 weeks old that I’ve got recently.
I am wondering what the requirements are for 4 piggies when I bond them. I am currently looking at making a 2x6 c&c with an upstairs 2x2 loft (I know this doesn’t account for total floor space) so was just wondering if this is big enough for 4 or if I need to make it bigger
Thank you!

Hi

Please start your own thread. We cannot run a single thread with two different questions without causing considerable confusion.

So, (I think) were going to get a second guinea pig, (and mocha needs a new cage anyway). I was wondering if this is big enough for 1 or 2. (I'm really bad at measuring so I just put my guinea pig to show how big it is.) The cage isn't complete yet, since it needs a hay feeder, water bottle, fleece, etc., and we haven't bought those items yet.
View attachment 199396
Well done - that is a nice cage size for 2 boys.
You might want to take a look at the C&C cage thread for decoration inspiration!

Well done - that is a nice cage size for 2 boys.
You might want to take a look at the C&C cage thread for decoration inspiration!
Thank you! If you dont mind, may i have the link to the thread(s)?

Thank you! If you dont mind, may i have the link to the thread(s)?
Of course - I meant add it so thanks for the reminder.
It's been one of those days...

Member Gallery: C&C cages/homemade cages

Because the tread is quite old a lot of the earlier photos have disappeared, so it often best to start on the last page and work your way backwards.

The 4x4 space is what I was going to go for downstairs til I moved it upstairs instead (max space in one direction for a x3). My last boar pair were also in a 4x4 space for some time. Good luck with the cage build, Mocha's gonna love it!

So, (I think) were going to get a second guinea pig, (and mocha needs a new cage anyway). I was wondering if this is big enough for 1 or 2.
View attachment 199396
Such an adorable piggy, and she has a gorgeous name to match!
Judging by the photo, it looks like a nice roomy cage for 2 piggies. But it's always good to make it even bigger if possible. The bigger the enclosure, the better it is for your piggies to run around in.

Such an adorable piggy, and she has a gorgeous name to match!
Judging by the photo, it looks like a nice roomy cage for 2 piggies. But it's always good to make it even bigger if possible. The bigger the enclosure, the better it is for your piggies to run around in.

There's always a danger of going too big, especially when you remember you've not only got to clean it out but you've got to get the bedding in there in the first place. More paper bedding, more wood shavings, more fleece, more puppy pads.

The picture made me giggle:))

Hope the little chap gets a friend, they'll be so happy in the new cage!

There's always a danger of going too big, especially when you remember you've not only got to clean it out but you've got to get the bedding in there in the first place. More paper bedding, more wood shavings, more fleece, more puppy pads.
Good point, @Lorcan. 👍
But if you have the time to clean a big cage and supply of materials, it's nice to give the piggies abundant room in their pen.

I'm almost done with mocha's (and his future friend's) cage. I'm kind of proud of it, but its not complete yet since his other stuff hasent arrived. (Hides, toys, water bottle, pellet bowl)
(His current pellet bowl and water bottle is from his other cage set)

Attachments

• 20220402_171938.webp
    20220402_171938.webp
    60.1 KB · Views: 26
  • 20220402_172022.webp
    20220402_172022.webp
    51.6 KB · Views: 26
Looks fabulous! Just a small thing. Please remove the grid in the blue thing. They aren’t meant for guinea pigs. He will likely poop and wee everywhere, but mainly where he eats or drinks. I’d also do a big pile of hay in the middle. They love to run, sleep and walk through it - as well as eat it!

While you’re waiting for a hide, could you make him one out of a box in the meantime?

He is going to love that space, amazing 👍🏾

Back