Is peeing on us normal?

• Thread starter Thread starter lindseym
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
L

lindseym

[fontArial] [colorr]your guina pig of 1 wk p on my boyfrin arlir toay. I'v bn th on to hanl th pigs, but whil my piggis wr lounging on him on of min just p on him. [colorgrn]Is it normal for thm to gt comfortabl an just go?[/font][fontImpact]

Last edited by a moderator:
The very likely reason is because of their small bladder. If you are holding them for 15-20 minutes or more, then he or she will need to empty their bladder. It may be he or she has a smaller bladder and it's less time, but it may be that he or she has a larger bladder and it's more time. However much time it is, that is probably the reason. You can typically tell that they are about to relieve themselves on you because that is when they get more squirmy and move more, and that's typically the time that people get nipped (I'm not saying that you'll get nipped, but it's a guinea pig's way of communicating with us, so I let you know). Hope I was able to help and welcome to the forum!

Kimmie

No we have two pigs and the one who peed didn't nip.

Our other one usually does and I just assume it's because she smells oranges on our fingers. Is that a good assumption?

oh mine pee and poo on me when i bring them in i have got them pet blacks form a pond shop what i put on my my knee when i am holding them

KimmiesGuineas said:
The very likely reason is because of their small bladder. If you are holding them for 15-20 minutes or more, then he or she will need to empty their bladder. It may be he or she has a smaller bladder and it's less time, but it may be that he or she has a larger bladder and it's more time. However much time it is, that is probably the reason. You can typically tell that they are about to relieve themselves on you because that is when they get more squirmy and move more, and that's typically the time that people get nipped (I'm not saying that you'll get nipped, but it's a guinea pig's way of communicating with us, so I let you know). Hope I was able to help and welcome to the forum!

Kimmie

Same here - my lot fidget and I can usually take them back to the hutch in time - or they just do it :D End up covered, but.. part of becoming an owner, and doesn't really matter - it's not like it will kill you ;)! :D
Guinea does little ones lots of times - he's a nervous piggy for a bit

I've never been pee'd on.. It might be worth having them on your lap in a cuddle cup, then if they do pee it's not so much of a nuisance :)

I tend to put a towel on my lap just in case and limit lap times to about 5 - 10 minutes at a time. My first ever piggy, Rodney (RIP), used to pee on me everytime!

Beaney said:
I tend to put a towel on my lap just in case and limit lap times to about 5 - 10 minutes at a time. My first ever piggy, Rodney (RIP), used to pee on me everytime!

I think I've been lucky then ;D

Harry pee's on me most times i get him out. Actually come to think about it, the girls hardly ever do it. More often then not it's a boy.

Beaney said:
Only 5 - 10 minutes? I can't handle that! I put a towel on my bed and let them run around for two hours! ;D I haven't been able to for the past week, though, because Cornelia is expecting.

Both my girls used to pee on me all the time when we first got them, but we've now managed to train them that if they want to pee they climb off us and go on the sofa (the sofa is old). Basically whenever we felt they were going to pee we moved them on to the sofa and once they'd done what they needed to, we moved them back for a cuddle. Works really well and now we rarely get wet - doesn't have to be done with a sofa, could be a towel or a litter tray.

Wilson sits on my tummy for hours but when i feel his bottom end getting warm i move him off of me... he hasnt gone on me in while but today the lil bugger went on my bed lol...

Alexandra said:
Beaney said:
Only 5 - 10 minutes? I can't handle that! I put a towel on my bed and let them run around for two hours! ;D I haven't been able to for the past week, though, because Cornelia is expecting.

The 5 - 10 minute limit is only for when they are actually sat on me. When they are having a run around, they stay out for hours.

My two boys often have a wee on us when we are cuddling them but we have towels for them so it (usually!) goes on the towels! - it went up my pyjama sleeve once - ha ha ;D

Fry and Laurie never used to pee outside of the cage - in fact, Laurie still never does.

Fry, however.. ;D It's almost guaranteed that he'll end up peeing on me outside of the cage. I use towels and everything, and it's like he saves it for as soon as he's on my chest. Doesn't squirm, doesn't nip - just pees on his Daddy.

haha you dont know what youre missing,that wonderful warm feeling that spreads across you...and thats just the pee ;D ;D

I got peed on for the first time in about a year last night! I suppose I was due one for the amount of piggies here now. I was kind of relieved that it happened I was getting a bit paranoid because it hasn't happened for so long!

Just had Tilly on my lap (giving her a bit of a groom) and she pee'd on me. Nice!

:D i've been peed on twice. Nibs was the first and he didn't give me any sign that he had to go :D and sierra though she did back away from my lap. Being new to cavies, i had no idea what that mean't :D now i just put a towel on my lap

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back