Is My Fleece Wicked?

peterpiggy

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Hi! My first fleece liner for my adopted piggy Peter arrived today. I washed it once with a little non bio detergent and let it dry. I’ve tested it by pouring a little on the fleece: it seems to absorb straight away but it still feels damp after it absorbs, it doesn’t pool.

Does this mean my fleece has properly wicked with only one wash? Is that even possible, or should I wash again?

Thanks!
~ Angel + Peter

It’s normally recommended to wash it three or four times so ensure it is properly wicking but you may have got lucky!

A Detailed Guide For Fleece Bedding
I think I’ll throw it in the wash again just to be sure, although all the test spots do feel dry now!
Just a question, my fleece liner has a fleece layer and also a waterproof bottom layer, do I need to put anything under my liner in the cage or can the liner go straight in?

Any material if wet is going to feel damp, the beauty of polyester fleece as opposed to towelling or cotton is that it is very quick drying. As long as there is an absorbent layer for the pee to soak into away from the surface then that should be fine 😊

Any material if wet is going to feel damp, the beauty of polyester fleece as opposed to towelling or cotton is that it is very quick drying. As long as there is an absorbent layer for the pee to soak into away from the surface then that should be fine 😊
Thank you! I did one more quick wash and it’s absorbing perfectly now, I must have gotten quite lucky :D

Back