Is it to early

• Thread starter Thread starter FluffyFriends
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
F

FluffyFriends

Is it too early to put 2 of my piggies outside? They hate being inside, they get a tonne of floor time but are not happy being inside. They have been out a bit today and are much happier and I was wondering if it is ok to but them in their hutch in the shed yet? Harry and Ron prefer the inside and like laying on the sofa having a nibble with the TV but Trouble and Tinker seem so annoyed being inside they hiss and click non-stop and when they are outside I have non of this. I think they miss Bunny (not that they live with him but can see him and he can walk up to their hutch and sleep infront of it.

i dunno what to suggest really, but here the nights and mornings have been very cold, and apparently after a few days th weather is going to turn bad gain.

if it were me id keep them in but thats just my opinion

The days are def. getting warmer but the nights are still bitter here - and hard frost. I would hold off for a bit if I were you, or put them out in the run for a few hours in the day but bring them back in?

It depends where you live and how cold it is as even if the sun is out the floor is still damp and really cold - I'm not letting mine out till its warmer O0

I think that it is too early. The days are warmer at the moment but it is still only early/mid february, it could soon turn really cold again. Also, the nights are generally in the minus (or close to 0) temperatures at the moment so in my opinion it's too cold unless they would be put into a shed.

I think that's what she meant

They have been out a bit today and are much happier and I was wondering if it is ok to but them in their hutch in the shed yet?

but the title of the post sounds like it means putting them outside!

Although when I check mine last thing at night I'm always surprised how cold it is, even in the shed - but mine are used to it. Might be too much of a change in temp if they're used to being indoors, and they won't have the same amount of coat as one that is kept out

Sorry should have made myself clear, they currently live in the house in a cage and I am wondering about putting them outside in a hutch but in the shed and then in the run during sunny parts of the day.

No, it's far too early. They cannot go out for the summer into a shed yet OR for time out grazing as the temperatures are hitting well below zero at night still. Though the air is warmer during the day the ground is still damp and freezing cold. This can make piggies seriously ill.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back