Is it ok to put cage infront of closet door

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 148334
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    #cage
D

Deleted member 148334

right now I have my guinea pig cage above the other but I heard the cages need to be next to eachother so they can interact with eachother through the bars so they still have the company and do to not be lonely because when they have nothing between them they will fight like pull out each others fur, but the only way the cages can be next to each other is if one cage will be infront of my closet door so I will have to move the cage some out of the way every day to get cloths and stuff out the closet then put it back, Is that ok?

If your two guinea pigs are not compatible and cannot live in the same cage, then their cages do need to be side by side, not one above each other.
Where you put it is up to you (provided they are side by side) but you also need to think about practicality. If you have to put it in front of a door and move it every time, then the stability of the cage must be excellent so that it doesn’t fall apart every time it is moved. Perhaps you could put it securely on a wooden board and attach wheels to the board so it can be rolled out the way rather than dragged? You also want to consider how far you have move it each time so that it is not unnerving for the piggy.

Piggies&buns has given great advice - you can buy those wheels on a bar to place under washing machines etc so that could make it easier for moving . Also just make sure the cage is solid if it’s going to be moved regularly -
Your piggies would be happier next to each other 😊

Back