Is it normal

• Thread starter Thread starter bandl
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
My pigs do this... but they wait for me to leave the room untl they come out ad the second i walk in the room they bolt into their houses! ;D Id say its normal... maybe theyre just shy...

Yup a security thing, if you take it out they will sit there and find something else to do, but it may also freak them out. I just leave Duke with his houses all the time unless he's out during playtime and then he'll find something to crawl under ::)

Yer if i take wilsons house out he goes and hides in the darkest corner he can ;D
Is it because theyre prey animals and need to hide in order to survive? (in the wild)

How olds your piggy - when they young or new to your home, yes it is very normal. Some piggys are naturally more shy than others and they do like the security of something to hide under. Hopefully, as they feel more secure around you then they will be happier to be out and about when you are there.

Out of my 4, I have one who does like to be in or near her pigloo. The other 3 aren't bothered and often sleep out in the open :D

my 2 were like that when i first got them. we have had them for 3 weeks now and they seem to have settled in a lot more, they normally come out to see us when we walk into the room, probably after food and are quite happy to play about in their cage when we are about.

they do bolt back in if they hear an unusual noise, i think thats normal.

if they are new, maybe they need more time to settle in :)

Gitsie will stay in the house all day long while olive will go out and bring food to her. It's kinda cute.

My piggie found a novel way to stay in his shelter whilst still being able to move from his hay to his food bowl.... he just carries it with him like a tortoise. When he was tiny it was just a head nudge but now it's full blown piggie backing with it!

I am so pleased I got him. I feel that I have to defend myself to other people who think they are just like hamsters but they so aren't. Hours of entertainment!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back