Is It Enough?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lexi468

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hello!
So here in the US we are experiencing a bit of a heat wave. In New Hampshire where I live it was 90 degrees Fahrenheit today. We do have AC, but it doesn't always reach the pet room when it's this hot. It was around 80 degrees in here yesterday. What I've always done with Midnight is put ice packs in his cage and cubes in his water and he's never had heat stroke (even when I didn't have AC). However, I've never had a long haired pig like Mocha. Is putting the ice packs in and the ice in the bottles enough, or should I cut his hair short? Also, is that enough for 80 degree weather for any pig? Any other tips would be appreciated as well, I'm always up to try new things! Thanks guys!

The other thing you could try is hanging damp towels in the room/over the cage this helps bring the temperature down.

Is there no way you can get him within reach of the AC. I know this is a daft thing to say but do you wrap the ice blocks up. I've got about 3 per piggy so there's always a spare one. Apart from that you've had some fantastic advice.

Is there no way you can get him within reach of the AC. I know this is a daft thing to say but do you wrap the ice blocks up. I've got about 3 per piggy so there's always a spare one. Apart from that you've had some fantastic advice.
Yea I've considered moving their cage into the living room. However, the AC has been keeping up now, which I'm thrilled about. Also, I definitely wrap the ice packs! I usually put them in cozies for midnight because he doesn't like going inside of them(I had to find a use for them!). Mocha seems to like laying on them as well.

Thank you so much for all of the advice guys! I've trimmed Mochas hair and he seems to have figured out that the ice packs keep him cool. I'm relieved!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back