• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Is it bath time?

• Thread starter Thread starter Dic a Dom
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Dic a Dom

Hi everyone! Me and my oh are having a debate whether to bath our 4 bundles now or to leave it until it gets a bit warmer. We bathe them regularly in the summer but my oh thinks that they might get a chill if we bathe them now. They're not keen on the hairdryer so we try to towel dry them thoroughly before putting them back in the cage. What would be best? ?

Are they indoor pigs? I have one little guy Twinkle who does need a bath but I'm waiting until its a little warmer. Mine are indoors but I'm not chancing it. :)

I wouldnt bathe them unless they are really dirty or have lice or anything O0
Bathing too much can be worse off than no bathing at all as it can cause itching and dry skin
I wouldnt bathe in this weather either if they are outdoor piggies but if they are indoors then they would warm up alot quicker ;)

yes all four live in their own little bedroom upstairs ;D No they are all clean but haven't had a bath since the end of summer. I notice that you can now buy johnsons dry shampoo, has anyone tried it and does anyone know how it works?

I haven't tried that one. There is a website called Gorgeous Guineas that has shampoos and conditioners. Everyone swears by them. :) Google it and have a nosey. :)

I only bathe my pigs if they have dirty backsides or a skin problem.
I too recommend GG products.
I would not use any Jornson product or other dry shampoo as they contain chemicals that are potentially toxic to piggies.

If you do decide to bath them, put them in a playpen near a radiator to dry, and turn the heating up. Thats what I do if I need to bathe my pigs in winter, but I only do it if hey need it.

If they are outdoor pigs, i wouldnt bother at all until spring.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back