Is Ferplast 120cm Cat-proof?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DavidA

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Hi
We are planning to buy a couple of pigs for our 9-year old daughter who is longing for some!
I like the Ferplast 120cm cage and was pleased to see that this forum recommends it. However, I notice that the bar spacing is 2.5cm. We have a cat who is quite a hunter. Is that bar spacing going to be adequate?

Do you have any advice for having a cat and guinea pigs in the same house?

Best regards
David

I would assume the spacing is adequate, other's may know better?
Maybe house them away from the cat?

Hi David and welcome. I have the ferplast 120 and can't see it being a problem. The base is quite deep and as long as both doors are closed & latched they should be perfectly safe. Saying that I don't have a cat anymore and never had both at the same time. I would recommend getting a run/playpen for floortime with a covering over the top tho

The sizing should be great for 2 piggies - they will obviously need space in a run to keep them fit and happy. I know cats can jump high, but I would recommend putting them on a table high enough that the cat cannot reach.

We've got a Ferplast 120 and it really is a nice cage. I'm sorry I can't help on the cat front as we don't have a cat but just wanted to say the cage is great!

When you start looking at runs, I'd be happy to share my experience with you of the ones we've tried.

If you are worried you could always put smaller wire mesh over the cage so there is no chance of the cat getting their paws in

Hi
We are planning to buy a couple of pigs for our 9-year old daughter who is longing for some!
I like the Ferplast 120cm cage and was pleased to see that this forum recommends it. However, I notice that the bar spacing is 2.5cm. We have a cat who is quite a hunter. Is that bar spacing going to be adequate?

Do you have any advice for having a cat and guinea pigs in the same house?

Best regards
David
I have two cats in the house. I have always had cats and piggies. Although I would never trust them unsupervised, I have never known a cat go for a full grown piggy. Thomas used to go into my old run, to catch the mice. Not even looking at the piggies.

The cage should be ok, they are fairly sturdy. But I would keep an eye on the dynamics for a few weeks.
Thomas meets Pigson image.webp

We have cats and piggies, never had a problem! They have an open indoor run, one cat likes to lie in it with the piggies! The other sits and watches from the window sill! Obviously not all cats are the same, my mum was very worried about her cat, when she looked after our piggies. The cat is a big hunter, but never showed an interest!

I actually believe my pets understand the difference between pets and wild animals or other cats etc in the garden. But I'm aware they still have instincts.

You should be fine with that cage and hopefully your puss will behave!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back