Is a 3x3 provide the same space as a 4x2?

I'm guessing 3x3 provides more area ie 9 whereas 4x2 provides 8 but it doesn't give them as long of a straight rum being only 3 long instead of 4 does that make sense 🤔

I'd say it's the same sized area, it's the same number of grids (12).
@CTWC grids are bigger than a foot.

That might depend on the grids, mine are only a bit over 12".

No matter the size a 3x3 area is bigger than a 4x2 but smaller than a 5x2, something about how they're arranged to give a bigger or smaller area. I don't know how that's the case, just that it is.

I think the space is exactly the same. However a 4x2 is beneficial for them to have a longer run (in my opinion)
Most grids are 35cm, 14"

Please excuse my very not-technical drawing, but:

DSC_2067.webp

A 3x3 grid gains an extra "grid" in the centre that you lose when you've got a 4x2 space instead.

And yes I had to do it twice. I was never good at drawing, lol.

Please excuse my very not-technical drawing, but:

View attachment 244337

A 3x3 grid gains an extra "grid" in the centre that you lose when you've got a 4x2 space instead.

And yes I had to do it twice. I was never good at drawing, lol.
I always thought it was the same square area as it both uses 12 grids.

I had to draw it out to see how it worked - I knew the numbers, but couldn't remember how. It gives you the same space round the edges, but the overall shape gains you an extra grid space on the floor. My 5x4 uses 18 grids but gives me 20 on the floor.

I hate maths.

No you have to multiply each side to get the area the perimeter is the same as they're both 12 grids but not the internal area. Think of it like how many grids would fit on the floor space a 3x3 gives 3 rows of 3 equally nine spaces and 4x2 gives 2 rows of 4 equally eight spaces. But as myself and others said you get more length of a run with a 4x2 🏃

A 3x3 covers a larger area

When using 35cm grids and connectors, 3 grids by 3 grids comes to approx 112x112 which comes to 12544 sq cm which converts to just over 13 square feet

A 4x2 is 150x77 which is 11550 which comes To just over 12 square feet

Ignore what I said I was looking at the cage and still couldn't get it right. This was the second attempt to draw it. It's for information only @Lorcan I don't expect you to do the maths. It just shows how versatile C&C can be. They would have a lovely sized cage if they would only live together. Was going to take a photo of the cage but I lost the light again by the time I got in from weeding the garden, have to make the most of these sunny days!

IMG_1511.webp

Ignore what I said I was looking at the cage and still couldn't get it right. This was the second attempt to draw it. It's for information only @Lorcan I don't expect you to do the maths. It just shows how versatile C&C can be. They would have a lovely sized cage if they would only live together. Was going to take a photo of the cage but I lost the light again by the time I got in from weeding the garden, have to make the most of these sunny days!

View attachment 244397
That’s tidier than the home Hamish & Wally share. I am so thankful we brought CC grids in the beginning, they have been so adaptable,

I've gotta laugh at myself, I had that so wrong. I was never very good at taking directions :))
You weren't likely to get it right as I got it wrong! The sun came out again while I was cleaning them out so I got some photos. Duck doesn't use his loft so I have taken the ramp away, it's easier to clean the cage without. Bertie loves his loft and does zoomies along the 4 grid length.

IMG_1514.JPG IMG_1515.JPG

I seem to have highjacked this thread and rather changed the subject - woops!

Edited to say the black legs belong to the table above them. Freddie and Timmy are above.

Back