Introducing Sows

Status
Not open for further replies.

lindsay7

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
On friday i am getting a sow to live with Trinny and Susannah she is only a few days older than T & S. I have been very well advised as to what to do and what not to do when i introduce then and have no worries about when they meet. If the worst was to happen and they dont get on i would split them up and get another rescue friend for the new one. Hopefully this wont happen.

Just wondered if any others had any stories of introducing sows.

Would like to hear your stories of what happened, hopefully all successfull.

thanks

Lindsay

Good luck Lindsay, was just reading your message you sent to me :) I'm sure it will go fine. Maybe introduce them in the bath. I'm not sure if you have to bath sows before introducing. :) I'd love another little one for my girls. :)

Keep us posted!

Louise
x

I have just introduced a sow to 2 of my other sows today ,my 2 where 11 months old and the new one is a year old.
I put them in a run indoors so i could keep an eye on them with lots of tubes and veggies.I put the new one in first and the added the other 2.
there was a little bit rumbling that lasted for about 10 mins then they settled down to munch the veggies 30 mins later they where all snuggled up in one box.They are all munching away on the same piece of cucumber as i type

sokel said:
I have just introduced a sow to 2 of my other sows today ,my 2 where 11 months old and the new one is a year old.
I put them in a run indoors so i could keep an eye on them with lots of tubes and veggies.I put the new one in first and the added the other 2.
there was a little bit rumbling that lasted for about 10 mins then they settled down to munch the veggies 30 mins later they where all snuggled up in one box.They are all munching away on the same piece of cucumber as i type

Graham thats wonderful news. Hope all continues to go well. Just wishing my time away now while friday cant wait :smitten:

When i introduced my 7 week old baby , Honey to Spice (2). Spice just totally ignored her! Sows are the easiest to introduce and once they have got who's gonna be the dominant one (leader) sorted there fine.

Good luck!

Hi Lindsay
I've done a few intro's, i've bathed all piggies so they smell the same but with youngsters i've rubbed the other piggies bedding onto the new piggy so they smell the same.

Most of my girl intro's haven't gone well ::) but my boys, Arthur & Fitz, were & still are a dream :smitten: :smitten:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back