Introducing Our New Piggies!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joeykins

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hi everyone :)

We welcomed two 8-10 week old girly pigs to our home this morning!

Our girlies are Buttercup and Daisy, and they have been home for a few hours - they were both happily running around in the shop and the assistant gave them both a check over before we left, Daisy has literally explored every inch of the cage - and spent the entire time stuffing her face with everything she can her her paws on - we gave them some Timothy hay, some pellets, herbal forage and a small bowl of fresh fruit and veg (ones recommended by the shop as they had them before) - she is very bold and hasn't even been put off my clumsy me dropping a box full of paper bags (ridiculously noisy) and my very well-behaved five year old chatting in the room). Buttercup was a little more withdrawn at first, but has been running around and exploring - and EATING! Do they ever stop? Lol!

They are much more confident than I expected - although they do hide away if we make a sudden noise - and they do NOT like the sound of my oven timer pinging! It's fascinating watching them and they both have their favourite places in the cage and their own preferences - Daisy heads straight for the hay box when she wants a rest, while Buttercup makes a beeline for the fleece cuddle cup under the ramp and snuggles on there :)

The arrival of a broccoli floret in their dinner resulted in definite popcorning from both girls! Which I was REALLY surprised to see! They love their food, so they fit in well here ;)

Here is Daisy <3 she is sleek-coated black with a brown band and a white nose streak
image.webp

Attachments

• image.webp
    image.webp
    41.9 KB · Views: 1
Oops and here is Buttercup, she is slightly fluffier and white with black and brown patches <3
image.webp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back