Introducing Oliver and Stephen

Charlottexxxxx

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Two weeks ago, I lost my beautiful boy, Wesley. I am still in so much pain and I cannot imagine my life without him. Wesley left behind his 3 year old friend Neville, and we knew it was unfair to have him alone. We have adopted two older boys to join our heard, and they are settling brilliantly. I can't help but feel so torn at the moment. I do care for these boys as they've had such a tough time and already have injected so much joy but I can't help but feel pain and guilt about Wes, who's ashes aren't home yet.
Does it get easier?
Char

Attachments

• 20220820_132041.webp
    20220820_132041.webp
    79.6 KB · Views: 14
  • 20220820_141239.webp
    20220820_141239.webp
    58.1 KB · Views: 14
Oliver and Stephen are gorgeous! How old are they?

I notice you say herd, do you have more than two boars together? Is Neville going to live with the two newbies or just next door to them?

Hello. I lost Percy two weeks ago and it still hurts. It does get easier. I have also got a new baby friend for Pepper. I feel guilty for getting another one so soon but he needed company.

I hope your newbies settle in ok. Are they going to live next door to Neville?

Oliver and Stephen are gorgeous! How old are they?

I notice you say herd, do you have more than two boars together? Is Neville going to live with the two newbies or just next door to them?
Hi!

They're roughly 1.5 years old, the lady who had rescued them had been told basic information so we need to get them checked at the vets.

Neville is a dominant pig so the herd won't be fully integrated. The two new boys are already bonded together so they've got their own c&c and Neville is separate. They can still see and smell each other though:)

Hello. I lost Percy two weeks ago and it still hurts. It does get easier. I have also got a new baby friend for Pepper. I feel guilty for getting another one so soon but he needed company.

I hope your newbies settle in ok. Are they going to live next door to Neville?
Yes, they'll live next door. Neville is just a very dominant little boy and these two are already bonded together.

You're completely right, it was the best choice we could have made but it does feel very hard to do :(

The best way you can show love is to give a piggy what it needs, even if it hurts. And that’s what you’ve done. I’m sorry you lost your other boy.

We’d love to see some more photos. If you want, you’re welcome (encouraged) to start a thread for them ☺️

You never replace a piggy, you simply share the love with others.
Priscilla and Phoebe came to me when I was still feeling raw after losing Keziah but it didn’t take them long to make their own space in my heart.
We will always miss the piggies we have loved and 2 weeks is no time at all for the grief to ease.
Continue to be gentle with yourself, grieve for Wesley and enjoy your 2 new gorgeous piggies.

You never replace a piggy, you simply share the love with others.
Priscilla and Phoebe came to me when I was still feeling raw after losing Keziah but it didn’t take them long to make their own space in my heart.
We will always miss the piggies we have loved and 2 weeks is no time at all for the grief to ease.
Continue to be gentle with yourself, grieve for Wesley and enjoy your 2 new gorgeous piggies.

Thank you for your kind words. You have really helped me perspectivise my grief. It's not a race xx

Any new piggies that you take on are in no way a replacement for your beautiful Wesley.
All of our pets are special and unique, and could never be replaced.
However sometimes very special pets can create a space in your heart, which means you can open up your home to new piggies.
I am sure Wesley would be very happy to know that because of your love for him you were able to open your home to another 2 very deserving piggies.

Any new piggies that you take on are in no way a replacement for your beautiful Wesley.
All of our pets are special and unique, and could never be replaced.
However sometimes very special pets can create a space in your heart, which means you can open up your home to new piggies.
I am sure Wesley would be very happy to know that because of your love for him you were able to open your home to another 2 very deserving piggies.

The last bit has really helped my broken heart. I think it is exactly what my Wes would want x

Back