Introducing me, and my pigs with cage information

• Thread starter Thread starter wickedrodent
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
W

wickedrodent

Hey there everyone, I saw a link to this site over on GPC and decided to join.

I have 2 girls, Daphne and Delilah, they are both about a year old. Daphne is a most white aby, with black and brown. Delilah is a tri-colored crested. I'm also going to be adopting a boy (at the end of the month), Hes a longhaired pig (purvian I think) white and black. He will be neutered and then will live with my girls (after the 3 weeks).

My pigs get unlimited coastal hay.. 1/4 a cup of pellets per day.. (Mazuri at the moment, but I'm switching to oxbow) They also get veggies twice per day, in the morning and at night.

I use fleece and towels as bedding, my girls are 80% potty trained.

The girls daytime cage is 28in x 56in. The boys cage is 30in x 36in. I also have a daytime cage that attaches to the smaller one.. its 42in x 56in.

I will post pictures later on, I have to run and do something right now.

Hi & welcome Wickedrodent :)

Your girls sound lovely & so does the little boy you will be adopting. Look forward to seeing the pics O0

These are the pictures that their former owners took of them:

Daphne:

Daphne.jpg

Daphne2.jpg

Daphne4.jpg

Delilah:

Delilah.jpg

Delilah2.jpg

Now the ones I took

Delilah in her favorite spot:

7-14-07DaphneandDelilah001.jpg

Daphne in their old litterbox:

7-14-07DaphneandDelilah006.jpg

Cage before coroplast and ramp:

7-14-07DaphneandDelilah008.jpg

Random Pictures:

7-14-07DaphneandDelilah009.jpg

7-14-07DaphneandDelilah023.jpg

7-14-07DaphneandDelilah004.jpg

7-14-07DaphneandDelilah024.jpg

7--28-07DaphneandDelilah015.jpg

7--28-07DaphneandDelilah018.jpg

Their Ramp:

100_0084.jpg

100_0085.jpg

The hidey house I made:

7--27-07DaphneandDelilah005.jpg

Daphne in her newest favorite spot:

7--27-07DaphneandDelilah003.jpg

Hiding:

7--27-07DaphneandDelilah008.jpg

The newest cage picture:

7--27-07DaphneandDelilah041.jpg

Delilah:

7--27-07DaphneandDelilah030.jpg

Daphne:

7--27-07DaphneandDelilah038.jpg

Together:

7--27-07DaphneandDelilah015.jpg

This is the 'runway' I made to connect the cage to a smaller cage. It isn't in use yet.. I just set it up real quick to get a picture of it. I'm going to cover the bottom with cardboard and then a cut table cloth.

7--30-07Runway004.jpg

I added another whole part onto the cage. Its a 3x4 that sits on my bed during the day, and gets folded up at night. Its considered the 'main cage' now and the 2x4 is considered the nighttime cage. Although they always have access to the 2x4.

8-16-07Cage-Me010.jpg

I sewed a pillow and stuffed it with an old stuffed animals stuffing an old cheating Ex Boyfriend gave me (Die Frog Die.. lmao)

Tent was a BIG hit.. (the pillow is underneath it and made of the same fleece)

8-17-07Tent-pillow001.jpg

Delilah being caught snoozing (she didn't like me moving the fleece from over her)

8-17-07Tent-pillow003.jpg

Piggy Lips!

8-17-07Tent-pillow015.jpg

I made a cage for the male guinea pig I'm going to adopt at the end of next month.. Its almost a 2x3 (30in x 36in) It will be the nighttime cage.. and he will get to runaround a 3x4 everyother day (switching out with my girls). Its two parts.. a 1x2 coroplast base, and a old (never used) dog litter pan. I put Daphne into it to show the approx. size.

m_5783c02ac3ee4d7c6a1dc9abf37f1298.jpg

m_6342277c8a5320e94a9d467d2a66bd26.jpg

m_c3de4744d0e2b078e93c00af58a4ac02.jpg

Here is the hideyhouse castle I made.

8-26-07Castle001.jpg

Compared to one we bought years ago for the dog (over $100)

8-26-07Castle004.jpg

I set it up in the girls cage..

8-26-07Castle-cousinit-grmagrpa--1.jpg

There are 3 levels.. the bottom (inside the castle and under the second level) the middle (up one ramp) and the top (up the second ramp and into the purple pigloo.)

8-26-07Castle-cousinit-grmagrpa-sec.jpg

It takes up a good portion of the 3x4 cage, but it has many hideyspots and the girls have yet to leave it.

8-26-07Castle-cousinit-grmagrpa--2.jpg

Oh, and the pink mesh part folds up and fits into the castle for easy storage.

wow your really creative! great set up..btw you your little runway, will you have something holding it up in the middle? or is it stronger than it looks?

Thanks very much!

Its really strong, but I do have something holding it up, just in case. Its lightweight shelf that also holds extra bedding and toys. =)

Very nice cage set up. Lovely piggies :) :smitten:
Welcome.

Thanks! :)

Ill take more pictures soon, once I get my boy. :smitten:

That's fantastic! I love the castle! :D I'm creative too so I'll get making with my daughters! Welcome to the board, look forward to getting to know you!

Louise
x

Very lucky piggies! O0

What did you make the castle out of if you don't mind me asking?

That is fantastic,you"ve got some really good ideas.Piggies are gorgeous too>

Wow that looks amazing and makes my cage look really dull lol.
I love that plush cushion you made, its so cute. My mom has a sewing machine and I am going to try and make a few myself.
Look forward to seeing more pics :)

Hi there and welcome from us in OZ :) :)
gosh you're very creative, i love their toys, blankets etc... (LOL at die frog die ;D ;D ;D) and your piggies are just beautiful :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

PIGGIE LIPS ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :-* :-* :-* :-*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back