Introducing 2 guinea pigs who have lived next to each other?

TheGuineaPigOverload

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Hi everyone

Looking for some advice on this situation. I'm considering "introducing" my 2 guinea pigs so to speak. Both males, one is 4 years old the other is 1 years old. They've been living as neighbours for a year as my younger one had health issues when I got him and I was nervous to do introductions while/after healing period. Their pens are about 20 cms apart or less. They're generally in their own world but they do occasionally stand up and sniff/touch noses and then wander off. There's only rumble strutting when one is free roaming around the others cage.

I agree, you've nothing to lose. I tried the same last weekend with two of my single boars, sadly it didn't work but they are happily living side by side again. If they don't go together I would suggest putting their cages against each other, it's better for interaction.

:agr:

All you can ever do is try to bond them, following the guide that has been linked in above.

I also agree about their cages being right next to each other if the bonding doesn’t work out. There doesn’t need to/shouldn’t be any gap between them

Good luck, the Binding guide is really helpful, give it a good read and make sure you attempt the bond on a day when you can be there and not having to rush off to work etc

Back