Into's not going well

• Thread starter Thread starter baby piggie
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
B

baby piggie

I had my truffles on his own for about six months and had decided to get him a little friend as i didnt want him getting loney. I got him a friend and the baby piggie is in another cage right next to truffles so they could see each other. I let the baby get settled in and then introduced them very slowly together, for the last 2 weeks i have been taking them both out and letting them get used to each other, things have been going great, they have been playing and popcorning together with no fighting at all, then last night i took them both out and right away there was lots of rumbling, humping, squeeking and some popcorning!
i must add though that the fighting wasnt bad - it was just a bit of a tumble is you know what i mean - deff no blood or biting done.
I'm a bit confused, how can they get on great to start with then 2 weeks later start fighting? I really want them to get on together, things were going so good and i was just about to put them in a cage together when this happens! Any advice anyone? :(

i think this is normal behavior, they are just working out whose the boss piggie, they sound fine so far. so i wouldn't worry.

maisydaisystar said:
i think this is normal behavior, they are just working out whose the boss piggie, they sound fine so far. so i wouldn't worry.

Oh good! i so much want it to work out, its the baby that seems to want to be boss! ::)

maisydaisystar said:
I agree my boars like to just remind one another who is the boss but they love eachother dearly!
As long as there is no biting and no blood I would continue to introduce them but keep an eye on them sounds like you are doing a great job! ;)

dazie said:
maisydaisystar said:
I agree my boars like to just remind one another who is the boss but they love eachother dearly!
As long as there is no biting and no blood I would continue to introduce them but keep an eye on them sounds like you are doing a great job! ;)

Thanks :) I took the big step today to move them into the same cage, i cleaned it all out and changed it about a bit and bought them both in, there was some rumbling going on but nothing serious. The cage is in the living room at the moment so that i can keep an eye on them. I also put a big puile of veggie in and they shared the bowl okay with no fighting! :D Hopefully it will keep going okay!

Sian said:
Good Luck Baby Piggie, hope it continues to go well O0

:) Thank you very much! They are still getting on okay and love cuddling up on the couch with me :smitten: its so cute to see them laying together :smitten:

awww thats really nice :) i only have one at the moment and in time want to get her another friend to play with as well :smitten: :smitten:

:) I have good news on my intro's! My two boys are now sharing a cage and seem to be the best of buds!. This is the first time i have introduced two piggies and it was pretty easy, i know sometimes the intros dont go that well I'm just glad mine did. it just shows you, it can be done!

Congratulations, that is really great. I have 2 boars that love eachother and 2 that I had to separate after they had been together for 4 months quite happily. Things can change with boars so keep an eye out but it all sounds good so far and you introduced them brilliantly with a lot of patience on your part :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back