Insulation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jessicathepurplepanda

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Sorry it's me again don't know much so I'm always asking D:

Any recommendations for guinea pig shed insulation that's cheep and works?

Xx

I have no experience of this but have read a few times that people use the silver coloured bubble wrap type stuff. I hope you know what I mean.

You could try bubble wrap (the packing stuff), sheets of cardboard, loft insulation, scrunched news paper between the inner and outer walls of the shed. As long as you don't pack them in too tightly you can use pretty much anything. It's about creating air pockets :)

Hi. In my shed I use thick cardboard. That way, if it becomes damp (you have to think condensation, piggy pee etc) it can easily be replaced.

My shed also has two small hutches either end of the shed that I pack with hay (my piggies live free range) and I have a canopy going over the top of the hutches to provide a cover and to make the hight between the floor and the roof smaller therefore trapping in more heat.

I also provide plenty of fleecy beds, snugglesafe heat pads and cardboard boxes packed with hay. Cardboard is actually a good insulator.

I have a curtain over the window which I pull across overnight.

Are you able to have an emergency cage for indoor use for extreme weather / illness even for just overnight use? My piggies are in the shed all year round but I do bring them indoors if it gets too cold or one of them becomes poorly.

Cool ideas, also I was wanting a emergency cage but if I did it would be very small to fit in my room unfortunately :( x

Polystyrene if you go to your local electrical retailer they should have some. It's used more for protecting white goods during transport never hurts to ask :) you can cut it up to the desired size :)

Polystyrene if you go to your local electrical retailer they should have some. It's used more for protecting white goods during transport never hurts to ask :) you can cut it up to the desired size :)
Ooo thanks never thought of that! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back