Inside to outside!

• Thread starter Thread starter xXx Mary n Midge xXx
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
X

xXx Mary n Midge xXx

Basically wanting to move my piggies outside now its getting warmer as there just isn't any space inside, i feel like i have less space than the animals tbh!

Anyway is it ok to move the piggies outside now and into the shed? Want them to go outside but obviously not if its going to hurt them :(

i take it the sheds not heated? maybe you could wait a couple more weeks? cause i think its still cold and windy :-\

The sheds not heated no, although I could put a snugglesafe in every night if that would make a difference?

I'd wait a few more weeks, as the temperature is still fluctuating a good deal with night-time frosts. The trouble is that your indoor piggies won't have built up the necessary warm coat for outside as they've been inside the house. If they were outside from the Autmun onwards then they'd be fine.

try putting out in runs during the day. That's what i'm doing even thou my lot are in a heated shed its getting quite warm at the moment so its better for the pigs to be out side. (they do come from Peru!)

I don't think it's warm enough and the temperature fluctuations can kill. They might have Peruvian cousins but there are 2000 years of domestication, selection and evolution between the cavies you see in the wild and the ones we now keep as pets.

Ok thanks everyone, i will give it a few more weeks and see if the weather has settled down a bit more by then O0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back